IHC Data Analyst
Standard / Permanent
Business / Data Analyst
ITO Management – North America - IHC Program
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) has a presence in 80 countries with nearly 200,000 employees, including more than 150,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
*Rated A+ by Standard & Poor's.
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
The team provides a pool of project managers and business analysts to drive change throughout the organization and across locations of BNP Paribas in the U.S. in coordination with the Group and head offices of the 3 poles (CIB, IS and retail banking).
IT senior Business / Data Analysis role with strong functional and technical skills in the Data Quality subject; providing services and solutions aligned with overall bank data governance strategy and in accordance with regulatory constraints in North America within IHC program scope
- Work with development teams throughout system implementation and delivery.
- Act as the first line of contact to interface with Data Governance business users
- Conduct data analysis in support of applications and projects, including identifying and documenting business rules, data needs and data specifications.
- Collaborate across application development and technology teams within IT to ensure that business requirements are fully understood.
- Participate in design, development, testing and implementation of solutions.
- A key member of the project team, the DA works with the project manager, development manager, developers, business analysts, and quality assurance teams to ensure that the project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Help to support, maintain and debug existing applications and systems.
- Participate and assist with testing, configuration/release management, and deployment.
- Bachelor’s Degree - Computer Science or Information Technology.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a financial institution IT Environment
- Hands on experience with Informatica Data Quality toolset(Informatica) or similar tools
- Good to have an understanding of Regulatory initiatives – Basel II, Basel III, Dodd Frank and CCAR
- Understanding of information governance principals
- Solid knowledge of financial industry and related products
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project, Clarity, SQL & BI tools
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written forms
- Display a sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
- Excellent organization, analytical and time management skills
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure and creatively address various topics on-hand
- Ability to work independently and become an effective team member
- Effectively conveys the message in both written and verbal business development discussions