CIB is responsible for the corporate and investing activities of the BNP Paribas Group. CIB is divided into multiple areas, including: Asset Liability Management/Treasury, Corporate Finance, Global Equities and Commodity Derivatives, Fixed Income, Portfolio Management, Corporate Banking, and Value Preservation Group. These groups cover a wide range of products, clients, and markets across the financial services industry.
In accordance with section 165 of the Dodd-Frank Act (DFA), BNP Paribas is required to establish an intermediate holding company (IHC) over its US subsidiaries. An IHC Program has been established with a series of workstreams to support risk-based capital and leverage standards, regulatory reporting, enhanced governance requirements, liquidity risk management, and other pending requirements.
BNPP is seeking candidates to join the Capital Planning team, which is part of the broader Capital Management team established to support the IHC Program. The team will be responsible for coordinating the end to end capital management process, inclusive of Capital Policy and Plan development, determining appropriate capital actions, and conducting capital adequacy analytics. The team will work closely with other business and functional areas to promote compliance with various Fed regulations and initiatives, including the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) framework. As part of CCAR, bank holding companies
The candidate will be responsible for the initial development of both the Capital Policy and the Capital Plan for the IHC. Once these documents are live, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining the Capital Policy and updating the Capital Plan on an ongoing basis. The candidate will also work closely with other teams within Capital Planning to ensure appropriate review and refresh of the Capital Policy and Capital Plan and associated procedures.
Detailed responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Develop and maintain capital management framework, including governance
- Finalize Capital Policy document for inclusion in FRB submission package
- Develop table of contents, align ownership and communicate requirements (e.g. timelines)
- Compile Capital Plan including executive summary and requisite appendices
- Organize and align reviews for Capital Plan, including change control process
- Finalize Capital Plan document for inclusion in FRB submission package
- Compile FRB Submission package including table of contents, executive summary, narrative guidance, appendices, etc.
- Organize and align reviews of FRB Submission package, inclusive of document changes and own submission of final FRB package
Currently, CCAR applies to domestic Bank Holding Companies with total consolidated assets of greater than $50bn. BNP Paribas will be required to form an Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) under section 165 of the Dodd Frank Act (DFA), and will participate in CCAR beginning in 2017.
There is an outstanding FRB proposal to amend this date to April 5 of each calendar year.
- Bachelors in accounting, finance or economics preferred
- 5 – 8 years of financial services industry experience (capital markets knowledge preferred)
- Proven experience working in the capital management and capital planning space
- Strong working knowledge of capital rules and requirements, including understanding of capital raising instruments
- Working knowledge of current regulations and regulatory initiatives (i.e., Basel, CCAR)
Administrative / Technical Skills
- Ability to program manage end to end process, inclusive of all stakeholders, business and functional areas to ensure successful and timely delivery of requirements
- Analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and motivate others
- Ability to adhere to strict project and production deadlines, showing strong planning and organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint)