IHC - Analyst - Economics Research Analyst
Standard / Permanent
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
The successful candidate will work within the economics scenario generation team, with a focus on programming, automation and visualization. He/she will apply his/her strong quantitative and organizational skills to organize data, generate reports, organize feedback, help with the administration of the teams workload and generate necessary presentations. Key tasks will include, but will not be limited to:
- Developing slides and other visualization tools for presentations and reports
- Automating processes and user templates
- Developing and implementing an approach to data quality checks and reporting.
- Working with key scenario generation stakeholders to understand variable sensitivities on financial projections
- Facilitating a coordinated and controlled scenario distribution for economic scenarios
- All other duties as assigned
- Extraordinary data management skills
- Experience with a high-level statistical package (i.e. R, Matlab)
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Familiarity with VBA
- Familiarity with large datasets (including importing/exporting data and data transformations)
- Strong quantitative analysis skills are essential for this role
- Strong team working skills are essential
- Applicants must be fluent in English (excellent written and verbal skills)
- Understanding of macro-economic relationships and financial market variables is a plus
- Flexibility to work longer hours when required is essential due the nature of the role
Drive for results - Delivers high quality work and ensures decisions are implemented timely and efficiently.
Risk awareness - Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities, where relevant
Corporate role model, integrity & ethics - Acts with discipline and high ethical standards
Team player & cross cultural awareness - Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
Client focus - Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as “customers”
Market, product & business -- Is genuinely interested in economics and financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments.
Business Risks - Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal and reputational risks of his/her activity. Evidenced as a good sense of risk/return analysis for business areas covered
Essential personal skills
Diligence - Displays dedication, shows attention to detail and quickly separates relevant from irrelevant information
Resilience - Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure)
Communication - Is an active listener and communicates clearly in English
Innovation - Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and displays an ability to think outside the box