Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 countries with more than 198,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
The UK CIB HR Department supports CIB and Group Functions staff in London, providing them with a full range of strategic advisory and transactional services (in terms of payroll, reward, pension and benefits, recruitment, career management, learning & development and employee relations). In regular contact with the Group HR Department of BNP Paribas S.A. (headquartered in Paris), CIB HR is the entry point for all CIB employees on any HR issue. The team in London comprises of circa 60 HR professionals.
Overall Job Purpose
The Reward Advisor role is part of the UK Reward Team and provides day-to-day compensation advice to the broader HR community, with a country view in the UK and a global view for Global Markets and FIC. This particular role is also responsible for connecting with the various internal stakeholders (e.g. legal, compliance, etc) to support the UK Head of Reward and Head of HR with the UK regulatory filings required under the PRA/FCA, as necessary. The role therefore calls for some practical experience with these filing requirements, and more generally with the UK regulatory environment.
The role will also support and manage certain reward processes and projects, such as the annual compensation review process, as well as providing technical expertise on compensation benchmarking, and compensation analysis (e.g. Gender Pay Gap).
• Lead regulatory remuneration filings, while engaging internally and externally to ensure best practice and compliance of the process
• Support the annual Compensation Review, including active engagement with our respective internal HR and Business stakeholders
• Provide analysis of compensation, including reviewing statistics around gender, diversity, and other groups e.g. maternity leaves, full time vs. part time equivalent etc.
• Support and/or lead the identification of causes of employee compensation issues and make recommendations for improvement
• Support/generate compensation analysis to support internal processes
Skills & Experience Required
• Demonstrable experience in a similar reward role in the UK
• Demonstrate appetite and ease to work with a large amount of data
• Prior experience in regulatory filings (i.e. PRA and/or FCA)
• Demonstrate comfort and resilience in situations where uncertainty prevails
• Manage own performance in an effective manner when placed in challenging situations
• Maintain a bias-free approach to situations and people
• Appreciate and understand the need for confidentiality, and deal with all HR issues in a discreet and sensitive way
• The ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.