HR Operational and Permanent Control Officer
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In the context of CIB HR transformation and fast growing mode, a Compensation & Benefits team is being created in order to assist the Head of HR and the Lisbon HR management team in all Compensation & Benefits projects, and also around HR Policies, Procedures and Permanent control.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The HR Operational and Permanent Control (OPC) Officer is a position dedicated to the direct management and implementation of the operational and permanent control framework within in accordance with Group and CIB requirements.
- The Lisbon HR Operational and Permanent Control Officer will cover the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring implementation of the HR Permanent Control framework, in accordance with the Group and CIB requirements. Ensure second level of controls and reporting to CIB HR on a regular basis
- Incident management: Contributing to the detection, analysis and description of incidents. Guarantee the incidents follow-up to ensure adequate corrective measures have been implemented to avoid/prevent reoccurrence, and also to assess both effectiveness and efficiency of existing controls. Maintain the Forecast database
- Coordination of risk assessment exercises. Identifying, analysing, and documenting HR risks
- Ongoing monitoring of HR policies and procedures to ensure adherence with BNP Paribas CIB and BNP Paribas Group standards
- Follow up of action plans and recommendations. Advise and follow up with action owners to ensure audit findings and recommendations are addressed and closed by the due deadlines
- Maintain OPC awareness programmes in HR
- Organise Committees dedicated to Permament Control.
- Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or equivalent
Fluency in English
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Excellent knowledge of Excel
Experience with data analysis
Experience with Project Management is an advantage
Very strong attention to detail and ability to fulfil deadlines
Clearly exhibited analytical, logical and decision making capabilities
Result oriented and solution driven
Strong work ethic is essential
Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.