Head of Operations Management Support
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a top five global provider of securities services. Operating across the investment cycle, we provide post-trade administration solutions to buy-side and sell-side financial institutions and issuers. With a local presence across 34 countries and global coverage of over 100 markets, we offer a one-stop shop for all asset classes, both onshore and offshore and across the globe.
The AFS UK Operations Department is comprised of a number of different functions which include: Middle-Office, Fund Accounting, Investment Trust Accounting, Tax, Operations Change, Operations Oversight and Management Support.
Purpose of the Position:
The role is a senior management position responsible for providing operational Management support for UK Operations. The role will provide senior management capability and oversight for both strategic and operational initiatives within the location and represent the UK in appropriate global forums.
• Establish and maintain best practise around costs control / promote cost awareness culture supporting the UK Operations business on actions to achieve financial targets. Support the Operations Leadership Team in better understanding cost drivers & unit costs
• Take ownership of monitoring the financial performance of UK Operations on a monthly basis through a formal review with all cost centre owners, working with them to ensure all managed costs are managed within budget.
• Provide support to the AFS Business line in all aspects of financial management for the department, including but not limited to: Unit Costing, Cost Centre re-charging, headcount reconciliation & monitoring, reviewing discretionary expenditure and budget planning / submission of budget forecasting.
• Lead the Budget Process in conjunction with Operations Leadership Team and be the Operations lead on PnL / financials reporting and communication / actuals vs budget analysis. Ensure that UK Operations Budgets and Forecasts (including Transfer Charges and Allocation keys) are submitted in line with published timelines and in accordance with needs of all relevant stakeholders
• Oversee the monitoring of all recharges to UK Operations and act as the UK Lead on the Luxembourg FA recharge liaising with UK Finance and Lux Teams. Support UK Head of Operations in financials matters and interaction with Finance and Productivity / CIBOT Meetings.
• Support the leadership team in developing a resource management tool to closely monitor the resourcing of the Operations transformation projects & service delivery, highlight risks/issues in a timely manner and input into mitigating actions.
• Act as our gatekeeper for all additional resource requirements, efficiency realisation, growth etc working closely with individual cost centre owners to ensure individual risks & requirements are balanced with those at the department level and that all members of the senior leadership team are furnished with timely and accurate departmental MI in addition to cost centre specific detail.
• Monitor specific CIBOT targets and agree action plans with the business heads on how they will meet these targets and commitments. Report on and monitor overtime and agree action plans with operational heads to deliver on the overtime cost reduction plan.
• Drive People Agenda initiatives and support the Head of UK Operations in implementing best practise to improve staff satisfaction and engagement
• Lead for GPS results coordination, working with Heads of Department and HR to develop and implement a UK Operations People action plan
• Support UK Operations Leadership Team with Staff Management and provide coaching and guidance to new Managers to the business
• To ensure relevant MI and Reporting is provided to the Operations Leadership team, AFS Senior Management and our Clients. Working with the Business Managers to ensure Management Information correctly reflects the performance of the business, highlighting trends and performing causal analysis where required
• Proactively review processes to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies. Working with the business Managers to identify, recommend and implement improvements to systems and processes in support of client requirements and
• Lead, drive and oversee all programmes of Digital work and Innovation in conjunction with ACE support and company best practice methodology
• Collaboration with the UK Operations Leadership Team on target operating models and projects to improve Operational Efficiency
Strategy and Governance
• In conjunction with the Operations Leadership team develop, maintain and manage strategic plans to support the UK and Global Target Operating models and the development of AFS Operations.
• Participate in relevant business committees and forums
• Competitors Benchmarking analysis and other locations comparative analysis. Act as Productivity Officer for BAU Teams within Operations
Client and Commercials
• Provide support to business managers to ensure appropriate process and resource management is in place and tracked
• Working with the Business Managers to ensure Management Information correctly reflects the performance of the business, highlighting trends and performing causal analysis where required
• Work with Product and Operations to determine proposed staffing levels for all new business opportunities.
• Participate in RFP processes and new business presentations as appropriate
• To engage with client development & CSM team to support the management of the client relationships
Skills and Experience required
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Financial Management, Accounting and reporting
• Ability to lead a small, multi-disciplined team
• Demonstrate sound business knowledge and judgement
• Strong inter-personal skills and effective communicator
• Professional engagement with clients
• Risk management
• Excellent decision making skills
• Digital technology focus
Qualifications required for the role:
• Proven extended experience gained within the securities services industry, particularly in Operational management within investment administration
• Strong track record in operations and controls
• Prior experience of people management
• Experience in Business Management including budget control
• MBA, qualified accountant or similar professional qualification
• Extensive experience within Asset and Fund Services business line
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.