Standard / Permanent
About the Company :
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) is one of the 6 strongest banks in the world according to Standard & Poor's*. With a presence in 75 countries and more than 189,000 employees, 146,600** of which in Europe, BNP Paribas is a global-scale
European leader in financial services. It holds key positions in its two activities: and Corporate & Institutional Banking. The Group benefits from its four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg. BNP Paribas also has a significant presence in the United States and strong positions in Asia and the emerging markets.
BNP Paribas India Solutions (BNPPISPL) is a global delivery centre for the BNP Paribas Group. BNPPISPL provides Knowledge Services, IT Solutions and Business Services to the international business of BNP Paribas Group.
BNPPISPL has a strong culture, a defined strategy, understandable values and a clear vision. We have remained consistent to our plans throughout and thus provided a good place to work for staff looking for long term careers in this
* Within its peer group
** As of December 2015
Purpose of the role :
This position of Head of BP2S AFS IT exists,
- To manage Chennai Team of 200+ people and drive them towards Quality and On Time deliveries of their work items.
- To work with relevant stakeholders to achieve the above and this includes Risk Management, Resource Management and Schedule / Cost management.
- To Work with onsite counterparts for offshoring their activities.
- To Devise and Implement Processes which would enhance the quality of offshore deliverables.
Specific Qualifications/ Skills:
Project Manager who has hands on experience on Technology and Architectural concepts and must have managed team of larger size.
Level of Education:
Bachelor of Engineering
Previous Level of Experience:
- Software Development with a minimum IT experience of 12 to 15 years.
- Should have had Hands On technical expertise of Web, DB and Client-Server applications before taking up a Managerial role.
- Should have experience in managing large / complex project
- Should have managed projects related to Banking
- Architectural / Design knowledge of the Applications he/she has worked before.
- Strong People Management, Project Management skills & Leadership Qualities.
- Good Communication & Relationship Management skills.
- Good Presentation & Coordination skills.
- Self-Motivated and must be able to drive the team even under pressure.
- Flexibility & Adaptability to new Work / Assignments.
- Good at Tracking, Monitoring the product quality related metrics and place required processes in place to improve the quality standards