GM OPC & TAC Coordination Officer
Standard / Permanent
Hong Kong S.A.R.
COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROL
This position dedicated to GM APAC Strategy, Conduct & Risk is part of the GM OPC & TAC and TAC/NAC Coordination Global Team.
The main objective is to ensure, on a Front–to–end perimeter, that both Operational Risk and Permanent Controls requirements and objectives are fully met in an efficient, accurate and timely manner. In that respect, the role consists in the:
- Coordination of Validation Process, such as Exceptional Transaction, New Activities ….
- Reduction of risk profile & protection of P&L
- Elaboration of cartography of Risks
- Deployment of FO-to-end Control Plans
- Provision of advisory & coordination to all projects – Regulatory or Internal – aiming at reinforcing the internal control set up
The present job description is applicable on a global scope for all GM OPC & TAC Coordination officers.
The GM OPC & TAC Coordination officer makes sure he/she complies with Group and CIB methodologies, tools and standards, and roll out them in accordance with Métier specificities.
The GM OPC & TAC Coordination officer ensures the following missions under the supervision of the Head of GM OPC & TAC Coordination:
- Validation Process :
- Coordinate & ensure adherence to approval policies under the business responsibility (activity, product, transaction, prop. index, automated trading strategy…)
- In conjunction with the other streams, perform preliminary operational risk assessment incurred by the new activity
- Supervise specific FO processes governance (Custom Ind., SPV…)
- Manage ad-hoc Business reviews and post implementation follow-up (SPRC, post-TAC/NAC in conjunction with Op. Risk Permanent Control stream, …)
- Risk Reduction, Efficiency & Governance
- Strengthen the Front to End internal control set up through the implementation of risk reduction actions and S&E solutions
- Ensure that Business Development benefit from adequate Control set up on a risk-based approach
- Design the operational risk cartography and drive Operational Risk regulatory Capital
- Drive the Métier in answering Inspection & Regulatory recommendations
- Build and run a S&E Governance around Permanent Control
- FO Conduct & Control Supervision
- Contribution to Control Plan design, implementation and evolution
- Front Office Controls conduct:
- policy, guidelines, thresholds…
- monitoring and reporting
- maintain best practices across GBLs and Regions
- Perform controls on some target areas
- Training and awareness
- Provision of advisory & coordination to all projects (Regulatory or Business driven) aiming at reinforcing the internal control set up.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Candidates must have the following skills:
- Minimal 8 years of experience at an investment bank with regional exposure
- Working knowledge of Operational Risk and Permanent Controls
- Good general knowledge of Equity, Commodity Derivatives and Fixed Income or other Derivatives an advantage
- Tact and ability to interact with staff and management at all level in order to achieve mutually acceptable resolution of incidents
- Require a determination to succeed in the implementation of processes in the face of reluctance from some parties
- Tenacity and intellectual curiosity to identify the root causes of incidents and not just to accept the first answer received
- Analytical skills to identify patterns of incidents and causes
- Good communication skills (written and spoken) and report writing
- PC skills to include Excel and Access for statistical analysis and advanced Word / PowerPoint for report production
- Ability to work as part of a team but will also be expected to be capable of working on own initiative to achieve objectives set by management
- Risk awareness and high ethical standards