Global Custody Account Manager (3PAM) Permanent
Standard / Permanent
Description of the Department
The Account Management team is dedicated to providing a premier level of service to the 3rd Party Asset Manager (3PAM) relationships of BNP Paribas Securities Services. The 3PAM Clients that we deal with are appointed by our contracted Master Custody Clients.
The provision of outsourced solutions to both global and domestic 3PAM’s is one of BNP Paribas Securities Services primary target market segments. 3PAM’s are recognised as being key influencers in the market providing feedback to our current clients with respect to existing service levels, to potential clients as a point of reference and to the industry in general through their responses to industry wide surveys and conferences.
The Account Management team is responsible for all aspects of service delivery and relationship building for our 3PAM Clients. This broadly covers all portfolio cash and securities reporting (including any customised reporting), reporting of failed and settled transactions, overseeing all cash and securities related transaction processing* (and the subsequent settlement of these transactions through our agent bank network) and the key point of contact for enquires (fails, corporate events, income, accounting enquiries etc.).
All non-custody related transactional flow and query management are managed through the Middle-office Services team.
The GC Account Manager has overall responsibility for the management of a suite of 3PAM relationships and the subsequent service delivery to those managers.
The GC Account Manager is responsible to achieve fully referenceable relationships with all of its managers.
The GC Account Manager is the point of contact between the Investment Manager and all internal stakeholders, for Investment Manager’s global custody needs.
The GC Account Manager is also responsible for conducting regular service calls and face-to-face service reviews, managing the overall relationship for BNP Paribas and developing our brand in this segment.
- Global Custody transaction processing is completed by the CCS teams in Chennai, but awareness of transactions is required by the GC Account Manager.
The role has full accountability of BP2S’s global custody offering, including the following:
- Day to day management of the relationship
- Receiving queries and issues from Investment Managers and working through to a resolution of each in an effective and timely manner
- Implementation and active management to resolution of an issues and service matrix for each relationship
- Act as global custody reporting agent for the Investment Manager
- Working with internal teams to ensure the Investment Managers requirements are effectively represented
- Oversight of custody reconciliation breaks
- Resolution of internal queries and issues, including non-receipt of funds, Auto-FX and unadvised credits.
- Ensuring BNP Paribas internal policies and controls are not compromised.
- Active participation in client and Investment Manager relationship and service review meetings
- Back – up and cross cover other team members in times of absence.
- Follow the procedures of the team and escalation when there are gaps or processes not able to be completed.
Qualifications & Experience required for the role:
A minimum 5-10 years commercial experience in financial services and recognised as a technical expert in custody operations who demonstrates effective client service.
Recognised as able to work effectively with other internal teams to improve service and resolve issues in a timely manner.
You have the ability to work cohesively and positively with colleagues and peers at all levels within the organisation. Your style is to communicate freely and openly both upwardly managing expectations and reporting on service delivery - and in assisting other Operations teams to deliver against their goals, where you can contribute.
You are committed to ongoing personal development and being a part of an Account Management team that supports each other and assists each other in information sharing and cross-training.
Technical Skills required for the role:
- Solid knowledge of Operations within domestic & global custody and related operational risk and compliance requirements of the function.
- Solid product knowledge in domestic securities, their treatment and the corporate actions that stem from them.
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting, Economics or related discipline preferred
- Securities Institute of Australia or other relevant Post Graduate qualifications (CA/CPA, Masters) welcomed but not essential.
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Word & Excel
Core Competencies required for the role:
Accountability - Committed to achieving the organisation’s objectives. Demonstrates perseverance and is accountable for own actions.
Client Focus - Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market
Communication - Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience. Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
Responsiveness - Adapts when facing new or unforeseen situations. Delivers on time the required service
Risk awareness - Adheres to the organisation’s processes and procedures. Demonstrates a good understanding of compliance issues and implements work practices that minimise operational and reputational risk
Team Orientation - Works with the team and the broader organisation towards shared goals and treats all colleagues and clients as partners
Technical/professional knowledge - Demonstrates a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job related areas. Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise