GFX Front Office Assistant
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
The GFX Front Office Assistants ﴾“TA”﴿ are responsible for assisting the traders in their day to day activities through, but not limited to, proper deal capture flow, events and controls of FX trades post execution. TAs’ are expected to show initiative, flexibility, accuracy, good communication and commitment working in the front office environment. The FX Spot ﴾SPOT,FORWARD﴿, FX Options ﴾G10, HYBRID, LOCAL MARKET﴿ & IRFX Local Market ﴾ASIA﴿ trading activities form the primary support role of this team in addition to support of other trading desks and sales teams in locations without assistants.
1. Deal Capture
- Manual deal capture in front office systems ﴾SFO, FXT, MAD﴿ and verifying deal entry against supporting documents as reference to procedure whenever possible.
- Amend/cancel all option trades in front office system for sales and options trading desk.
- Amend/cancel spot/forward/swap trades in front office system for trading desk and for sales in locations without assistants
2. Deal Event Management
- Exercise and expire all options in front office system within Asia time zone including confirming each exercise with counterparty. Perform a missed expiry check at the end of the day.
- Execute barriers in front office system when directed by traders and contact counterparties to confirm client barriers. Perform a missed barrier check the next day.
- Ensure all NDFs in front office system are fixed with the correct rate and in a timely manner.
- rocessing of Novation and Early Termination events in front office system.
- Perform an overnight check for potential barrier triggers in MAD system.
3. End of Day spot closing and P/L
- Snapshot of spot closing rates for Asia Close set including running End of Day spot closing for the Singapore Spot Desk.
- Perform all internal and external system reconciliation checks as defined in the global procedure guidelines.
- Proper escalation if regular breaks are identified.
5. Parameters and procedures
- Update of spot fixing for date schedules in front office system from official fixing sources.
- Contribute to GFX FO TA procedures database.
6. Internal Departments
- Point of contact by internal departments for queries related to Foreign Exchange ﴾FX﴿ and FX Options.
7. Reporting & Controls
- Ensure segregation of duties by NOT quoting prices, taking orders from client, dealing individually and entering deals into non‐permission systems.
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to management as soon as an issue or fraud is identified.
- Contribute to local regulatory reporting requests.
- Portfolio migration or closure
- Client trades migration
- New workflows or procedure