Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Job title: G10 Institutional Flow Rates – Market Access Sales Team
Metier: Global Markets
Department: Institutional G10 Rates Sales
Reporting to: Head of European G10 MAST
BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 countries with more than 198,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Global Markets Summary:
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses seven global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
G10 Rates offer a comprehensive suite of interest rate products to address the full spectrum of clients needs from financing and market access to yield enhancement and hedging. Acting as primary dealer and market maker in all key markets, it offers client services in primary and secondary markets in government bonds, interest rate derivatives, inflation products, structured products repo & research.
Key Responsibility Areas:
G10 Rates MAST sales will be responsible for high frequency client contact. Typically by facing the individuals at a client whose role is primarily to source liquidity, efficient market access, pricing and execution – and to gain Best Execution by maximizing the efficiency and reducing market slippage on behalf of their investors. Working primarily in a 0->2 week window, the function of this sales role is to maximize the chance of BNP Paribas seeing, pricing and profitably executing our clients’ transactions by:
Business & Client
• Selling G10 Rates products to Institutional clients
• Work in partnership with Macro sales to deliver the whole BNPP G10 Rates capabilities to clients
• Ascertain the clients’ needs and calibrate our systematic response (e-trade)
• Understanding how clients choose counterparties for risk pricing and maximizing the chances for BNPP to see trades.
• Selling our transactional and product capabilities
• Advising clients about short term market changes, pricing abberations, liquidity mismatches and trade opportunities
• Hold regular performance reviews with clients
• Promote the Group's brand, products and services to existing clients and prospects.
Data & Analytics
• Provide clients with market data, prices and other factual information, working closely in collaboration with the team in Mumbai
• Proactively focus on digitalization, automation and in general using data and analytics to improve the client’s journey and the bank’s ability to grow market share.
• Monitor, manage and market e-trading capabilities and performance, eg hit/rates
• Use internal (CRM Lite, Tableau) and external (Coalition…) sources to continuously benchmark the team and the coverage of the client
• Collaborate, liaise and engage with other GBLs sharing best practices relating to efficient market access and client needs.
• Communicate pro-actively with internal stakeholders, escalating issues as necessary.
Conduct and Development
• Ethical conduct and decisions are expected in the role.
• A conscientious attitude to clients, work and BNPP
• Respecting fundamental risk concepts. Always consider risk in daily activities and abide by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities and G10 Rates Principles and Guidelines
• Understand the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks of transactions and relationships.
• Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework
• Attend relevant training courses to maintain appropriate regulatory, products and technical skills
Role requirements and qualifications:
• Minimum higher education level of Bachelors/Masters degree or overseas equivalent.
• Of working in teams
• Of working with data and dashboards
• Of working in a high frequency, energetic environment
• Of making decisions under pressure.
• Of managing and meeting challenging targets
Key job related & technical competencies:
• Demonstrate expertise with data analysis and visualisation skills
• Capable of developing VBA and Excel macros, and working with dynamic live data from various providers.
• Demonstrate strong quantitative skills
• Experience or familiarity with developments in Fintech are a plus
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening in English (Additional European Language preferred)
• Personable with business relationship management and development skills
• A structured, methodical and organized approach to work
• Entrepreneurial, energetic, positive attitude and commercial mindset
• Process oriented with a proven track record of meeting challenging targets
• Ability to solve a number of problems simultaneously is essential, as well as the capacity to work under considerable pressure.
• Lateral thinker identifying useful information and navigating obstacles and barriers.
• Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever changing environment.