FX Options & Derivatives Confirmation Analysts - French (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 184,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
The FXMM Confirmation is in charge of all Foreign Exchange, Precious Metal and Money Market transactions booked under one of the four legal entities (BNPP Paris, BNPP London, BPSS, FINAMS) for Fixed Income and ALM Treasury Paris departments.
They provide provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation.
Our main clients are Corporates (major corporations & medium-sized companies) and Financial institutions (general and specialised international banks, pension funds, fund managers, insurance companies, central banks and supranational entities).
The Production teams handle all transactions initiated by our trading desks in Paris, London, Singapore and New York, by ensuring that all trades feeding the Back Office systems are confirmed, matched, announced to our treasury and settled in due time.
The team is responsible for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the risk undertaken by the business lines. A wide range of products are traded by the Trading desk including FX Options (Vanilla, Binaries, and Exotics), Metals and Structures. The Confirmation team’s primary function is to support the Trading and Sales desks through the matching of electronic and OTC Physical confirmations for mainly all structured trades & options.
The Confirmations teams perform a critical control role in the timely reconciliation of bookings with clients’ confirmations. The team is also responsible for verbal and written affirmation of trade details with clients prior maturity. The team ensures that all incoming confirmations are controlled, issues identified, reported and fixed by working closely with traders, sales people, IT and Legal departments. We are involved in process improvements with special focus on STP processing and management of risk and controls, new product initiatives, development of new business in all regions.
- Reconcile legal confirmations (electronic and/or physical) based on ISDA definitions for all Option products and other Derivatives, for example Option Strategies (Barrier, Knock-in Knock-out, Average, Accumulator, Targets) and Hybrid Strategies.
- Trade review of internal booking to ensure they are in line with documentations received from clients.
- Monitor workflows to ensure incoming confirmations are prioritised accordingly and ensure timely matching of confirmations.
- Timely resolve mark-ups on outstanding trade confirmations
- Meet Regulators reconciliation targets.
- Identifying financial and/or legal discrepancies on incoming confirmations.
- Liaise with Documentation teams, Legal, Trading and Sales to agree documentation with Counterparties
- Resolving queries and exceptions where necessary, understanding the importance of effective escalation
- Daily liaison with Customers on discrepancies and assisting in confirmations to meet their needs
- Daily responsibility for verbally confirming trades details
- Point of contact for UTI (Unique Trade Identifier) requests
- Regulatory uploading of daily files
- Review regulatory breaches to provide commentary and trend analysis (in particular DTCC exception analysis and remediation)
- Negotiate Master Confirmation Agreements (“MCAs”) for Non-Deliverable products (ISDA vanilla templates) with counterparties.
- Continuous review of processes and controls ensuring high level of risk management
- Maintaining effective working relationships with Front office Trading and Sales, Legal, Compliance, IT and other Operational areas in Paris, Montreal or Singapore and globally through daily interactions
- Degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Fluent in French (both oral and written communication)
- Previous experience is a similar area is a plus
- FX and Global Markets knowledge
- Excellent understanding of OTC derivatives including trade life cycle is a plus
- Knowledge of ISDA and/or Physical documentation is a plus
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication)
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads & use a proactive approach to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Be driven, enthusiastic and dynamic in search of improving processes, controls & procedures Flexible, accurate & control minded
- Effective problem solver and consensus builder