The role is to review reconciliation results in Socrates and Manually match any items which could not be matched by the existing rules. This Reconciliations is performed between various Front Office and Back Office systems. Also establish new matching criteria for the recs and investigate discrepancies to identify non genuine breaks which can be validated. Distribute to MO/BO those items with genuine breaks and also receive responses and further resolve break items. Contribute to month end process by highlighting all recon breaks to GMO Control & Reconciliations Team’ by submitting monthly recon status reports.
The responsibilities of the candidate include the following;-
- Responsible for front to back deals reconciliations for Asia Pac within Socrates for both Fixed Income and Treasury perimeter, by ensuring that all the discrepancies and unmatched deals are followed up and resolved on a timely basis.
- Responsible for internal deals reconciliations for Asia Pac within Socrates.
- Responsible for front to accounting reconciliations for Asia Pac within Socrates.
- Contribute to process workflows by addressing any systems improvements and/or workflow enhancements surrounding reconciliation functions.
- Contribute to month end process by highlighting all reconciliation breaks to Singapore MO by submissions of monthly reconciliation status reports.
- Provide coverage of duties of other staffs.
- Responsible for minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified
B.com / Graduate candidate having minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Capital Market/Investment Banking Operations with good communication and excel skills.
Good knowledge on reconciliation and investigation of outstanding entries/breaks.
Should have strong knowledge of FX/Money Markets , Interest Rate Swaps , Cross Currency Swaps , Bonds , Options & other Fixed Income products.
Product knowledge of Equities and Derivatives would be an added advantage.
Experience in middle office role / functions would be an added advantage.
Have a working knowledge of MS family of products (Word, Excel etc).
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Fluent in English.
Pro-active in rearranging his/her priorities and resolving issues where requested.