FP&A Planning Analyst (ALM)
Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
DEPARTMENT - FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
LOCATION - BASINGSTOKE
CONTRACT TYPE - PERMANENT
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions helps companies to expand their business capabilities by offering tailored leasing and finance solutions. Our expert teams partner with equipment vendors that are looking to grow their sales, and businesses that require outsourcing services for assets within a number of key markets. We’re a European leader in leasing, backed by the stability of the BNP Paribas group.
WHAT AM I ACCOUNTABLE FOR?
Responsible for providing regular and ad-hoc Management Information, analysis and reporting, reviewing and interpreting business performance, preparing and submitting forecasts and budgets and determining and booking funding whilst providing pricing support, on occasion.
MY KEY ACTIVITIES
- Routine Asset & Liability Management (ALM) responsibilities, including calculation & provision of cost of funds (COF) rates, population of maturity ladders, assessment and booking of funding requirements, production of other regular analyses, reconciliations and reports, in compliance with local and Group Treasury policies
- Development & cultivation of relationships with key finance and business contacts in order to operate effectively and accumulate commercial business knowledge for application to Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) activities
- Contributing to the budget and forecasting by delivery of defined elements, with specific focus on ALM, Equity and WSF, in keeping with internal deadlines and in accordance with group norms and standards, ensuring relevant assumptions are utilised, outputs can be justified and understood, and a clear audit trail is maintained throughout
- Provision of cover for other tasks within the FP&A team, including monthly close and reporting, and other ad hoc analyses
- Establishing and maintaining proactive dialogues with FP&A Manager (Corporate Partner) and other key stakeholders, to understand applicable requirements, promote knowledge sharing, manage expectations, and escalate any exceptional delays or issues
- Implementing and maintaining controls across all files and processes, in order to promote consistency, reliability and accuracy of data, and retention of information, including documentation creation/revision.
MY EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
Joint Venture Partners
Auditors (supporting the Tax & Statutory accounts team with audit queries)
MY INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
All members of the Finance and Financial Planning & Analysis teams, Corporate Controlling & ALM, Equipment & Logistics Solutions (ELS) business unit, Technology Solutions (TS) business unit, Risk, Shared Service functions
Strong educational background to degree level, preferably in a relevant field
Studying towards, or willing to start, professional qualifications (ACCA, CIMA) with a strong educational background
Excellent Excel skills are essential, along with good interpersonal/communication skills, an interest in self-development and a natural ability to learn
A team player, who is pro-active with an analytical approach and an ability to adapt effectively to changing circumstances and priorities, and work to deadlines
Hyperion experience is also desirable
Working in a busy, open plan office.
Normal working hours are 8.45 to 17.15 Monday – Friday; however you may be expected to stay later during key times to ensure deadlines and deliverables are achieved.
Dress code is business formal Monday-Thursday, business casual on a Friday.
MY ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring all departmental procedures and policies are well documented and updated as necessary
- Continuously reviewing departmental processes, making improvements where possible
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by my Line Manager
- Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures, guidelines and the internal control framework established to guide the operation of their function in addition to regulatory compliance requirements.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT
On joining the company I will attend a Company Induction which will introduce me to the different areas of the business and what they do.
Have regular performance reviews with my line manager; this will include a mid-term and end of probationary review and regular one to one catch ups.
I will be expected to complete annual online Compliance training modules via My Development, our online training platform and will continue to receive on the job training throughout my career.
Study support for CIMA/ACCA is provided.