Front Office Risk & Research IT Senior Support Analyst, Global Markets IT
Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- Follow ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident and system change management procedures, manage and track daily production problems; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; coordinate with developer teams to report and follow through bug fixing.
- Minimize failures and ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems by continuously monitoring the performance⁄ operation, quickly diagnose and address any problems.
- Bring together Operations, IT and Infrastructure teams during critical incidents and for preventative action planning.
- Receive, transduce, and coordinate business requests to development and other IT teams in Hong Kong as well as Paris, London and New York sites.
- Conduct system Quality Assurance Testing and assist in User Acceptance test; perform deployment or upgrade of mission critical applications and systems.
- Be responsible for technical configuration and implementation on data interface file for system integration to and from the Equity Research workflow and distribution system.
- Provide system and process documentation.
- Adhere to document procedural standards.
- Shift duty, weekend and holiday work are required.
- Research IT(MDD): GO, Python, Linux
- Experience of working in front office environment
- Self-starter, able to work under own initiative
- Developed problem solving techniques
- Emphasis on communication skills and confidence in high pressure environment
- Experience in change controls, incident management
Specific Qualifications Valued
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting a financial workplace environment. Solid experience on application support for equities business.
- Strong equity derivative product and valuation knowledge.
- Technical understanding of database, network and RT market data systems.