Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Head of Regulatory Reporting Controls
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
CIB Americas Operations supports the business via five units; Control & Regulatory Oversight, Product Control, Securities Execution & Clearing, Derivatives Execution & Clearing and Collateral & Treasury Forecasting Liquidity Management.
The Regulatory Reporting Controls (RRC) Group is a department within Control & Regulatory Oversight that covers regulatory reporting sent directly to various regulators including FINRA, CBOE, ISE, and others. The group is also responsible for performing T+1 regulatory control reconciliations to identify issues after reports are disseminated to the regulators. These control reports will be circulated to the firm’s management to provide insight of the regulatory health of broker dealers.
(include, but not limited to)
Preparation of various daily regulatory reporting of the following (but not limited to) providing daily regulatory reports to the regulators as well as internal groups that need the information immediately. Most of the reports are time sensitive and that is why RRC is looking to grow the staff in order to meet these deadlines. Below is a list of some of the responsibilities that the Analyst will be responsible for processing:
• Daily Bluesheet Submission and Review for both broker dealers
• Daily Statements & Confirmation Review for both broker dealers
• Key Risk Indicators for the bank in order to provide senior management with insight of daily controls
• Participate in various industry working groups related to new rules and regulations.
• Writing of Supervisory Procedures.
• Processing quarterly 17A-13 counterparty confirmations and reconciliations
• Processing all incoming audit confirmations
• Maintenance and administration of Autonomy email surveillance for GMO ITO.
• Compile all GMO,IT and corporate Banking Gift and Entertainment logs
• Other regulatory controls
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or similar.
• 2-3 yrs.+ of experience in a similar role
• Understanding of Broker/Dealer Compliance and Capital Markets
• Product knowledge of Equity and Fixed Income
• Excellent written and verbal skills, with confidence and composure at all levels of the business hierarchy
• Change agent with exemplary attitude: - innovative, enthusiastic, rigorous, execution oriented.
• Highly skilled multi-tasker with efficient organization skills.
• Highly ethical and control oriented.
• Highly organized and adept at managing competing deliverables.
• Strong team skills but comfortable working independently with clear directives.
• Excellent desktop skills – including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Innovative and adept at assessing process improvement.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.