Financial Security Compliance Officer (Transaction Monitoring & Investigations)
Standard / Permanent
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
- Direct contribution to the Bank’s operational permanent control framework.
- Conduct financial crime investigations and post-transaction monitoring surveillance in accordance with group policies and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of a risk scenario based Account and Transaction Ongoing Monitoring (“ATOM”) tool (ACTIMIZE).
- Participate in User Testing Assessment as and when required as part of ACTIMIZE deployment within Asia Pacific.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Investigate, assess and analyze alerts escalated to Country Compliance by the ATOM Hub.
- Assist Country Compliance to ensure all management reporting is complete, timely and accurate.
- Ensure timely and efficient preparation and (with approval of the Head of Financial Security, SEA) filing of suspicious activities and/or transactions reports to relevant authorities.
- Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements, especially on identification and reporting of suspicious activities and/or transactions for the Bank.
- Manage and coordinate all queries and matters related to post-transaction monitoring surveillance.
- Ensure efficient framework for the identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions.
- Provide analysis and advisory on large cash transactions escalated to Country Compliance.
- Provide appropriate training to new joiners, businesses and functions to enhance AML risk awareness.
- Coordinate and participate in ad hoc projects, risk assessment and audit / regulatory inspections.
- Generally provide support to the Head of Financial Security/KYC, SEA.
- At least 8 years of working experience with 5 years of post-transaction monitoring experience. Candidates with less experience may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Good general knowledge of the international financial sanctions laws and regulations in an international financial institution or a regulatory body in Asia Pacific is preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and preferably with some experience of dealing in multiple countries in Asia Pacific.
- An ability to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature.
- Ideally be flexible and have a hands-on in work style, with the ability to work independently to carry out projects.
- Good team player.
- Long-term career commitment.
- Ideally be familiar with navigating the operational tools which support Financial Security Compliance controls.
Specific Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution (e.g. ICA or ACAMS). Post-graduate degree or law degree may be a plus.
- Proficiency in English is a must.