Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
APAC Accounting Project and Systems – Transversal and Other Project (Account Payable)
1. Deliver high quality systems/reports to Finance users in the context of ever changing business & reporting requirements.
2. Guarantee consistency of Finance systems/reports across the region, in adherence to the Group's standard.
3. Provide efficient support to Finance teams in the daily production tasks.
1) Manage the Team – Transversal and Other Project (Account Payable)
- Supervise a team with 2-3 subordinates, to provide guideline, direction and proper training to the team members
- Define objectives and responsibility to the staffs
- To implement the plan from Head of Transversal and Other Project
- Ensure the team is aligned to the Finance/APS Project’s objectives and mission set.
2) Manage the APAC Account Payable and related projects
- Study and understand user requirement
- Carry out feasibility study and assess potential impact
- Define objectives and schedule
- Produce functional specification for IT’s development
- On behalf of Finance to coordinate with IT and other user
- Prepare test case, arrange UAT, implementation and post go-live support
- Timely track the progress of projects and update Finance user regularly
3) Provide maintenance support for Account Payable systems
- Perform maintenance of master data parameters/ mappings for Account Payable system and Petal systems, such as SAP, Rectool, AT2, etc Carry out feasibility study and assess potential impact
- Handling site user enquiries and coordinate with IT teams for data validation and technical support.
- Facilitate users for using the functions of staff claim system, such as expenses claim, travel request, invoice processing, settlement, etc.
- Provide support and coordinate with IT teams for incidents investigation and follow up the case for resolution.
- Prepare spend analysis for Global Procurement reporting purpose
4) Assist in other projects and tasks as per ad hoc request.
1) Identify area of improvement; streamline the existing processes for efficiency improvement.
2) Support team head to monitor the budget and progress reporting
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
o Adequate knowledge on FI’s accounting work flow, particularly on (especially on Account Payable)
o Proven Knowledge on Account Payable / Procurement Function/ Application (such as SAP, Concur, Basware, Ariba, Ivalua )
o Familiar with Staff Expense Claim to Account Payable, Procurement to Pay process, workflow, from end to end.
o Proven ability in project delivery
o Good command of written and spoken English
o PC skill such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
o Excited about driving change
o Strong communication and interpersonal skills
o Ability to work in multicultural environment, as the role needs to deal with different stakeholders across APAC regions
o Strong leadership
o Self-driven and able to work independently
o Attention to detail
o Able to work under stress
o Strong problem solving and logical thinking skill
o Team player and ability to multi-task
Experience and Qualifications required
o 8+ year experience in Finance and Control in banking industries, particularly in AP
o Team management experience
o Good command of both written and spoken English
o Ability to work in multicultural environment, with proven interpersonal skills
o With logical and analytical mindset and able to handle project independently
o Mature and confident
o CPA preferred