Finance Business Analyst
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is one of the euro zone’s leading banks and a world top player in the banking sector, strongly positioned in its two core businesses - Retail Banking and Corporate & Institutional Banking - and present worldwide with over 193.000 employees in 74 countries. BNP Paribas has completed 32 years of presence in Portugal and is one of the largest foreign institutions in the country with more than 4500 employees.
Recently BNP Paribas established a European finance operations centre in Lisbon, with 235 positions, and part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance Services (“GFS”) is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure the publication of financial information and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management. It is also responsible for the design, deployment and evolution of financial information systems.
We are looking for several Finance Business Analysts to reinforce our team in charge of the projects, maintenance and administration of Group Financial Systems.
Depending on their expertise, the Finance Business Analysts will have the opportunity to work on the system of one of the following Finance activities: risk impairment, equity securities, intercompany transactions or Finance processes and permanent control.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Financial Business Analyst, your main activities are to:
• Capture, document and manage the business requirements
• Accurately assess the impact of change on existing processes, organization and technology
• Ensure that stakeholders fully understand the solution and implementation decisions are aligned with the relevant requirements
• Design functional specifications for system evolutions
• Define Test Strategy & Planning, providing Test Scenarios and follow up on testing activities in the different stages of implementation
• Provide training sessions for the final end-users
• Coordinate and support end-to-end the delivery of business requirements within the different entities of the Group
• Provide functional second level support, handle complex incident management and execute periodical controls and monitoring of production flow
• Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management
• Experience as a Business Analyst or a similar role in Finance/ Accounting
• Experience with Project Management is a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Fluent in English (B2 Level minimum; CECRL certificate) mandatory
• Knowledge of French is a plus
• Rigorous and organized
• Interpersonal and customer orientation skills
• Pro-active behaviour regarding the ability to work in a fast changing and demanding environment
• At ease with multi-tasking
• Ability to simplify complex information in a clearly organized and visually interesting manner
• Strong analytical mind, problem solving, planning & organisation skills
• Availability: Up to 2 months of training abroad