Finance Assistant Manager
Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
• Ensure the adherence to Group accounting standards.
• Assurance to the timeliness in submission of financial reporting to the Group.
• Contribute to BNPP operational permanent control and accounting controls frameworks, by being responsible for implementing operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities
Liquidity to Accounting Reconciliation (LARP)
• Perform reconciliation between Group Liquidity reports and Group Financial Reports, as well as analysing and searching for solutions to close the gaps in-between.
• Understand and collaborate with Business Lines, front and back offices, to explain differences between accounting standards and liquidity compendium.
• Complete Group Liquidity reporting database by produce manual grids with accounting data.
• Maintenance of reconciliation tool including incident management and data transformation.
• Documentation and communication to all stakeholders on all issues encountered.
European Central Bank Balance Sheet Ladder
• Produce quarterly the BSL and Maturity Ladder based on contractual maturities, and in accordance with the Group compendium and timeline.
• Perform analytical review to explain variances across quarters to Group Liquidity Reporting Program and investigate accounting-liquidity gaps.
• Work closely with ALM Treasury for implementing controls and consistency checks between BSL and Liquidity Gap.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders, including Finance, Project and Treasury, to ensure feasibility on liquidity data-sourcing development and sufficient challenge has taken place for the data quality.
• Review the filing of Quarterly Group Financial Reports via Matisse application performed by outsourced team (IFRS / French GAAP).
• Construct and maintain standard mapping tables for reporting requirement
• Continuous streamlining of the Regional Financial Reporting process making use of Excel VPA and Alteryx skills.
• Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
• Project implementation especially control set up, enhancement or process redesign
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Excellent skills in Excel formula and VBA, (with experience in Alteryx application is a plus)
• Basic understanding to LCR and NFSR
• Knowledge on CIB front to back operation process
• Capacity to think creatively and laterally and excellent analytical skill
• System orientated and comfortable managing the operation of an integrated information system
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Qualified Accountant or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in finance/accounting
• Fluent in English and Chinese