eTrading Senior Support Analyst, Global Markets IT
Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- Be responsible for the trading applications and market access support of Equities & Derivatives Trading for (Cash Equity, Warrant, Future & Options) on various APAC markets in Windows/Linux platform
- Required to support internal clients, troubleshoot and diagnose functional and technical issues in the production environment
- Management and tracking of daily production problems and user request; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; report bugs back to local / overseas development teams.
- Be responsible for handling business-driven or exchange-driven projects
- Conduct system Quality Assurance testing, perform deployment or upgrade of mission critical trading applications and systems.
- Ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems - monitor the performance ⁄ operation, diagnose and address any problems.
- Follow ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident escalation and system change management procedures.
- Provide system and process documentation
- Morning / Lunch shift duty, weekend and holiday work are required.
- Good business knowledge on derivatives products and market rules
- Experience with system monitoring
- Good technical / scripting knowledge on Linux/Unix environment
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to innovative
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Proficiency with C++, Java & Python in Linux & Windows environments
Qualifications and Experience
- University qualification with IT Major
Other Value-added Competencies
- Batch scheduling system
- Familiarity with the FIX protocol
- Good knowledge on Perl script