ETL Developer (Team Lead/Tech Lead) - BWE
Standard / Permanent
This position is for Bank of the West Project
Qualified and motivated candidate to be responsible for proper ETL development, standards and best practices, collaborating with existing ETL resources to set cutting edge industry standards.
1. Manages development and testing tasks and ensuring adherence to previously agreed to timelines communicating status.
2. Evaluates the integration a various data sources like Oracle, SQL server, VSAM and sequential files into staging area and recommends and/or implements efficiencies.
3. Counsels team members on the evaluation of data using the Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) toolkit. Applies data analysis, data cleansing, data matching, exception handling, and reporting and monitoring capabilities of IDQ
4. Performs technical walk-through as needed to communicate design/coded solution and to seek input from team members.
5. Develops ETL processes using Informatica, ETL control tables, error logging, auditing, data quality, etc.
6. Implements data cleanup procedures, transformations, scripts, stored procedures, and execution of test plans for loading the data successfully into the targets
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
• 7 - 10years of experience at Enterprise-level ETL development and ETL architecture using Informatica and understanding the COBOL file structures.
• Strong Teradata technical knowledge in the areas of general SQL
• Strong Informatica technical knowledge in the areas on Informatica Designer Components -Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
• Good knowledge of analytical and logical conceptual level programming skills
• Good knowledge of Erwin model generation tools (logical and physical)
• Data analysis, data mapping, data loading, and data validation.
• Understand reusability, parameterization, workflow design, etc.
• Support other ETL developers; providing mentoring, technical assistance, troubleshooting and alternative development solutions
• Should have thorough understanding of Entire life cycle of Software and various Software Engineering Methodologies.
• Performance tuning and end-to-end lifescycle experience with Enterprise wide data warehouse