EQUITY & BONDS SETTLEMENTS CLERK (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
On the Global Markets and ALMT perimeters, and on a global basis, Global Market Securities Settlement Paris ensure that Security transactions (Equities, Bonds, Complex Securities, ETF, SLAB, Repo, Funds, Warrants & Certificates, among others) and positions registered in the books under CIB ITO’s mandate, match the commitment actually taken with counterparties within a secure setup, in accordance with Group and Regulatory Policies and/or contractual agreements.
Within the Securities Settlement Department, the main processes include pre & post settlement activities, clearing, custody, relevant legal documentation, transaction and event-related accounting for securities deemed in scope.
- Responsible for the settlement of Security transactions & associated products booked in Calypso, on a timely and cost effective basis by:
- Ensuring all trades are instructed, matched & settled on a timely basis
- Monitoring of failing trades & updating calypso with details of reason for fails
- Reducing fails and/or potential fails by means of pairing off or partialing down deliveries
- Minimising fails by means of partial deliveries where possible
- Reporting tax equities declaration & calculation to fiscal authorities (TTF & ITTF)
- Responsible for solving Nostro and Depot reconciliation breaks on a timely basis:
- By investigating and, where possible, clearing all nostro breaks in reported by Securities Control teams
- By passing entries to the Calypso systems to clean up outstanding items on a timely basis
- By investigating and, where possible, rectifying all depot breaks on a timely basis reported by Securities Control teams
- By investigating and solving accounting breaks raised by Securities Control & Accounting teams
- Escalating items that represent operational risk to the direct Manager
- Contribute to the minimisation of settlement costs & operational risk:
- By becoming more risk aware and by following the procedures or Compliance rules that are in place to mitigate operational or reputational risk
- Monitors and take appropriate actions in case of market risks (buyins)
- By seeking to improve STP rates at our custodians so reducing cost, by updating static data as and when necessary
- By reducing the number of manual instructions sent to agents therefore reducing cost, manual intervention and settlement risk according to Compliance rules
- If necessary, using the escalation process when operational risk is detected
- Contribute to the overall successful running of the settlement department:
- By maintaining close relationships with traders and sales and escalating problems to them promptly where required
- By maintaining good working relationships with domestic agents and custodians
- By communicating with, and assisting, other operational departments where needed
- Ensuring direct Managers are kept informed of any potential problems & issues where appropriate. To the Client Relationship Management on the whole Security Post-Trade Processing area in coordination with CIB CLM OCRM (e.g., meetings, investigations, surveys)
- Degree in Economy/Finance/Management or strong knowledge of Securities and operational processes surrounding securities
- Strong Excel skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills and strong client focus
- Multi-cultural awareness
- Risk awareness and attention to detail
- Analytical and result oriented
- Strong organization skills and rigorous
- Available for training period abroad