Want to help shape the bank of tomorrow today ?
At the bank for a changing world, our employees make change their greatest asset, turning challenges into opportunities. They think ahead to offer customers innovative solutions perfectly suited to their needs.
At BNP Paribas Fortis, the country’s number one bank, employees enjoy continuous career growth in a rewarding and flexible work environment.
Are you passionate about developing tools? Do you dream of being part of a business with activities from a commercial network and central entities? It’s time to stop dreaming: the Permanent Control department is looking for a new colleague to join them in the role of ‘Developer – Permanent Control’.
The mission of our department is to:
- use a harmonised approach to apply and maintain the operational risk management model for the group at the branch network and central entity level.
- use experience in the area and a profound mastery of risk assessment to provide management with an analysis of results. Your findings allow management to anticipate potential risks.
- perform Permanent Control checks in the commercial network and the central entities.
- ensure management can take appropriate actions. These are to be done in line with the controlling model and with a tolerance of risks based on representative indicators.
As part of the Control Tools & Data Management team, you’ll primarily commit yourself to:
- developing and maintaining the different applications and local checks that support BNP Paribas Group tools. You’ll also provide user support for current tools (PCMON, PCCT, Scorecard, Corfu, St@r, Sharepoint, Consequence Management and FLC).
- maintaining a demand management policy with our different stakeholders.
- supporting the different entities in providing data and requirements for risk analyses and controlling assignments. You do this for central entities as well as the branch network and private banking centres.
- providing the branch network and private banking centres with Scorecard and First Level Controls (FLC) tools with risk indicators. You also participate in the twice-annual revision of these tools.
Your future job :
You apply yourself to a number of challenges.
On the technical front:
- you develop local tools supporting Permanent Control assignments and projects. These tools may be for the execution, follow-up and reporting of controlling assignments in the branch network and central entities, as well as for following up audit recommendations, different action plans and so forth.
- you test and roll out new tools, and test to ensure existing tools are not regressing.
- you are responsible for the maintenance of these tools.
- you guarantee the availability of data that is indispensable for the correct functioning of services (such as assignation of checking projects, checking references, weekly/monthly reports, ScoreCard, samples for branch checking assignments, etc.).
- you actively contribute to the placement of data models integrated in the development of reports, queries, etc. pertaining to the needs of our clients (internal and external).
- you create and maintain SQL query tables.
On a functional level:
- you participate in analysis meetings and understand the needs of our clients/businesses;
- you document developments;
- you support different stakeholders (e.g. training).
Highlight your strengths !
You are proud to show the knowledge and the experience you’ve acquired over the course of your career.
You have met all the requirements that are indispensable in your role:
- Active knowledge (at the level of expert) of .NET technology (gained over a minimum of two to three years of experience).
- Extensive knowledge and experience in developing Microsoft Visual Basic/C#.NET framework.
- Good knowledge of the conception and development of databases (Microsoft SQL Server).
- The ability to lead a functional analysis, mastering object-orientation and design principles.
- A strong ability to take initiative and a solution-oriented approach are highly appreciated.
- Clear communication (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of Excel, Access and SQL Server is a must.
- An analytical mind and structured approach to work.
- The ability to work autonomously and proactively.
- A client-oriented approach.
- The propensity to share information, while always remaining open to different approaches and possibilities.
- A high level of curiosity and an insatiable interest in all forms of new technology.
You may also offer other traits that are highly appreciated:
- You speak French and Dutch fluently. Your English skills never leave you speechless either.
- You are stimulated by change and constantly look for solutions and new approaches.
- You have experience in risk management.
- You know your way around the Invest domain.
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values. At BNP Paribas Fortis we want to attract and retain women and men of all ages, from all backgrounds, each with his or her own experience. We firmly believe that diversity increases performance and innovation. All our offers for full time are also available for 90% or 80%.
What does BNP Paribas Fortis offer you ?
- You’re able to continue to develop your career and pursue your passion in Permanent Control.
- You are part of an organisation full of challenges for the harmonisation and integration of control tools that support the control framework.
- Moreover, we offer you a function in a dynamic environment rich in challenges, with collaborators characterised by their initiative and ambition. On one hand, these challenges are framed in the integration of tools for permanent control, and on the other, they provide data and requests supporting a framework of performing controls.
- You are a member of a friendly and dynamic team. Team spirit is a proudly embraced value. You have daily contact with different correspondents throughout the organisation.
Tempted by the challenge ?
Convince us! Apply online by sending us your CV and letter of motivation. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible.