Testing Analyst for Credit & Clearing Risk IT
The role is for Testing Analyst in the Credit Trading Risk IT team.
The Credit Trading Risk IT team is responsible for the IT platform to price and risk manage BNP Paribas’s credit and rates derivatives portfolio; it comprises a distributed grid computing system, a central risk results warehouse and a rich (fat client) front end application.
The platform comprises several in-house developed systems which generate, store and present various risk metrics across the credit and rates trading perimeter.
As a Testing team member, you will perform infrastructure set-up, application deployments and regression testing as well as the testing of new functionality. Your primary aim is to deliver new versions of the system(s) to production. These versions need to be working as expected, need to deliver added value and need to fit well in the production environment.
In particular, this role will be responsible for detailed daily checks of the infrastructure and scheduled batch jobs, monitoring of automated deployments and verifying that risk has been successfully generated and loaded. In the event of failures (e.g. due to an upstream system being unavailable, or an infrastructure outage), this role is expected to diagnose the issue and escalate where necessary.
Testing is a highly specialised role, and you will need to interact with a broad cross-section of areas both inside and outside of IT. In order to facilitate successful software deliveries you will have to liaise with development, quantitative research, business analysts, the front and middle office and support teams, as well as other various actors.
As a test analyst you will be required to:
Review software requirements and create detailed functional test cases.
Perform Functional and Regression Testing of existing functionality.
Discover defects and raise them in JIRA.
Create and maintain test automation scripts (generally written using Python)
Configure test environments in preparation for software deployments. Deploy and manage software revisions and ensure consistency across the environment stack
Perform Infrastructure maintenance and housekeeping
Essential skills / attributes:
- Expert at navigating Linux and Windows Server environments. Shell scripting knowledge would be advantageous
- Confident with Linux command-line scripting & basic commands
- Competent in at least one programming language, preferably Python
- Thorough understanding of XML formatting
- Intermediate-level SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle
- Agile Experience
- Python programming experience
- Good intermediate knowledge of credit and rates derivatives products, and fixed income in general.
- Any knowledge of trading and financial risk management would be highly regarded
Experience Level: 5-7 years