Due Diligence Team Leader (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROL
BNP Paribas is a European leader in global banking and financial services and is one of the 4 strongest banks in the world according to Standard & Poor’s. The group is present in over 85 countries, with 205,200 employees, including 165,200 in Europe. The group holds key positions in three major segments: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment solutions and Retail Banking. Present throughout Europe and Middle East & Africa in all of its business lines, BNP Paribas also has a significant presence in the United States and strong positions in Asia and the emerging markets.
Within Client Management Operations of BNP Paribas CIB, the Due Diligence team objective is to onboard new clients efficiently within the framework of the CIB KYC Policy. This team is also responsible for the recertification process for existing clients. The team is coordinated globally with local oversight to ensure adherence to all relevant laws and regulations. The main goal of the team is to contribute to protect BNPP against reputational risk, Anti Money laundering risk AML/CFT and Fraud risks. The team must work closely with the Business and Coverage to understand the clients and provide a service that client’s value. It also must work with Compliance to ensure that it provides what the Regulators require.
The team is belonging to a global and regional organization with presence in various CIB countries.
The role is to perform CIB Clients due diligence analysis and checks at the client onboarding and recertification and to contribute the overall client’s assessment in terms of KYC. The KYC activity also includes the management of the client classification related to other regulations such as MiFID (when applicable) and Tax regulations (FATCA & AEOI).
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced individual with the necessary skills to perform the following:
- Performance reviews
- Encourage and motivate the teams
- Manage the relationship with key onshore stakeholders
- Daily production overview:
- Ensure that all production requests have been correctly allocated
- Ensure that KPIs to track volumes/WIP/Backlogs are in place
- Ensure that key best practices are in place: morning meeting, issue escalation, meeting cascade in place at all management levels
- Ensure that Quality targets are reached
- Ensure that regular reporting on the activity is in place
- Ensure that issues are escalated to the appropriate level within Client Due Diligence
- University degree
- Fluency in English – both verbal and written – is mandatory; French is a plus
· Leadership skills; Ability to motivate and lead the team, ability to work within resource constraints
· Professionalism: ability to work at management level, ability to identify relevant topics and drive discussions and actions towards conclusion
· Client focus: ability to improve the level of service provided by the platform and develop partnerships
· Communication: ability to communicate effectively and to negotiate with key internal stakeholders
· Familiar with Lean (six sigma) principles
· Knowledge and understanding of the CIB KYC Procedure
· Have a detailed knowledge of the SBO allocation process
· Have a good understanding of the key Compliance issues (KYC/AML/CTF) linked to client relationships