Due Diligence Officer (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is a European leader in global banking and financial services and is one of the 4 strongest banks in the world according to Standard & Poor’s. The group is present in over 85 countries, with 205,200 employees, including 165,200 in Europe. The group holds key positions in three major segments: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment solutions and Retail Banking. Present throughout Europe and Middle East & Africa in all of its business lines, BNP Paribas also has a significant presence in the United States and strong positions in Asia and the emerging markets.
Within Client Management Operations of BNP Paribas CIB, the Due Diligence team objective is to onboard new clients efficiently within the framework of the CIB KYC Policy. This team is also responsible for the recertification process for existing clients. The team is coordinated globally with local oversight to ensure adherence to all relevant laws and regulations. The main goal of the team is to contribute to protect BNPP against reputational risk, Anti Money laundering risk AML/CFT and Fraud risks. The team must work closely with the Business and Coverage to understand the clients and provide a service that client’s value. It also must work with Compliance to ensure that it provides what the Regulators require.
The team is belonging to a global and regional organization with presence in various CIB countries.
The role is to perform CIB Clients due diligence analysis and checks at the client onboarding and recertification and to contribute the overall client’s assessment in terms of KYC. The KYC activity also includes the management of the client classification related to other regulations such as MiFID (when applicable) and Tax regulations (FATCA & AEOI).
- Demonstrate awareness of the 3rd European Money Laundering Directive and any local regulatory directives or requirements
- Analyse the Business requests and identify the client
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of client classification definitions – MIFID/FACTA/AEOI and its implications
- Contribute to score client for risk and collect the related documentation to analyse
- Identify ultimate beneficial owner and all related individuals in the client’s organisation and ownership structure
- Screen the clients and those related individuals against sanction lists as well as background search tools including the results analysis
- Complete the KYC analysis as per the CIB KYC procedure and perform regular review of the clients
- Obtain business/ coverage opinion and sign-off of the client file, ensuring client files pass all quality and control reviews
- Communicate within the onshore team, Compliance, the businesses/coverage and IT and any other stakeholders
- University degree, preferably in Law / Regulation / Financial Security
- Minimum 2 years of experience in banking/Due Diligence onboarding related activity or relevant experience
- Fluency in English – both verbal and written – is mandatory; French is a plus
- Knowledge of Global Markets, related products, and derivatives and processes
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of the various acting counterparty roles and the associated risks
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Team player
- Rigorous and risk aware
- Coordination and Prioritization skills
- Polyvalent, flexible and able to adapt