FXMM - Drafting Analyst (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 184,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
The mandate of the Documentation Department is to ensure that every trade done by the FO, as well as every associated event to an existing OTC transaction that requires a confirmation, is properly confirmed with the counterparty in due time.
Our main clients are Corporates (major corporations & medium-sized companies) and financial institutions (general and specialised international banks, pension funds, fund managers, insurance companies and central banks).
We cover multiple asset classes that are: Foreign Exchange, Money Market, Equity Derivatives, Credit and Interest Rate Derivatives and Commodity trading (power, gas, oil, precious metals etc).
The Documentation Department is set to develop in the coming period of time by reaching the size of 9 teams with a total of approximately 80 team members.
The Drafting teams are responsible for checking the integrity and accuracy of the booking and help managing the subsequent risks undertaken by the business lines.
The Drafting teams primary function is to support the Trading and Sales desks through the drafting of OTC physical confirmations on a variety of products (vanilla, exotics, complex structures) and asset classes (Foreign Exchange, Money Market, Credit and Interest Rates Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, precious metals and other commodities).
The Drafting teams perform a critical control role in the timely reconciliation of bookings with the term sheet and the confirmation. The teams are also responsible for notifying all post trade events with clients. The teams ensure that all transactions subject to a manual physical confirmation are controlled, issues identified, reported and fixed by working closely with traders, sales people, legal and other relevant departments in the bank.
They are also involved in process improvements with a special focus on straight through processing (STP) and management of risk and controls, new product initiatives, development of new business in different regions of the world
- Drafting of legal confirmations based on ISDA definitions, using and applying approved confirmation templates and other relevant industry recommendations and best practices.
- Checking of FO booking to ensure all trades are captured in the systems and that the details are in line with the term sheet (if applicable) and /or obtain FO approval (if applicable) before sending the confirmations to the clients.
- Monitor workflows to ensure confirmations are prioritised accordingly and ensure timely dispatch of confirmations by meeting Regulatory targets.
- Issuing post trade events notifications to clients such as barrier triggering (Knock-in / Knock-out), expiries, exercises and early terminations.
- Direct point of escalation internally on drafting /template queries.
- Daily liaison with Customers on discrepancies and assisting in redrafting confirmations to meet their needs
- Working closely with the Matching teams to solve discrepancies on incoming confirmations
- Continuous review of processes and controls ensuring high level of risk management.
- Daily report through ORUS of the identified risk areas
- Proactively contribute to improve team effectiveness through Continuous Improvement approach
- Maintaining effective working relationships with Front office Trading and Sales, Legal, Compliance, IT and other Operational areas in Paris, Montreal or Singapore and globally through daily interactions
- Be customer focused by maintaining excellent relationships with our external clients; understand their organisation and their expectations.
- Meet clients’ expectations in the strict respect of internal group policies and procedures in place.
- Master Degree in Finance
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication)
- Excellent understanding of OTC derivatives including trade life cycle
- Knowledge of ISDA definitions and Master Agreements, EFETnet, EEX, Powernext, ICE e-confirm is a plus
- Excel Skills (intermediate)
- Excellent numerical skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads and use a proactive approach to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be driven, enthusiastic and dynamic in search of improving processes, controls & procedures
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player
- Availability for a training period abroad (up to 3 months)