Director, Real Estate Finance UK
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas Overview
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Within CIB – EMEA Real Estate is responsible for:
• The coverage of large corporates such as REITS and major real estate funds. The team promotes all products delivered by BNP Paribas and cross-selling essentially with Global Markets and IFS entities. ,
• The structuring of real estate specialised corporate financing, and non-recourse financing, their execution and distribution through the Debt Platform for clients under REF’s coverage or under the coverage of other areas of the bank. RE geographical scope is France, UK, Italy and Belgium, and Germany. RE is an Integrated Sector and its financing activities are reviewed by an annual Risk Policy Committee, and governed by a Specific Rating Policy and Specific Credit Policy. This activity indeed requires a thorough analysis of real estate cycles and the underlying real estate assets.
Overall Job Purpose
Take a active role in the origination, structuring, credit processing, execution and on-going management of real estate financing in line with the REF’s global strategy.
To take a leadership role in the origination, structuring, credit processing, execution and on-going management of real estate financings
To be in charge of client relationships and cross selling which will involve:
- Maintaining on-going relationships with REF’s clients through client visits and follow up to conduct business efficiently.
- Interact on an on-going basis with clients to assess the relevant services that BNPP can offer to them.
- Initiate, generate, develop and implement business ideas so the approach is proactive rather than reactive.
Oversee the analyst/associates in risk identification and preparation of financing proposals for real estate transactions.
Co-ordinating the analysts/associates in the preparation of credit papers / submissions and in the execution phase, taking a lead role in the internal discussions that subsequently occur.
Take part in the commercial and documentation negotiations with the client, with legal (internal and external).
Ensure compliance with all Bank policies.
To ensure that conduct is in line with the Bank's Conduct Standards at all times.
To ensure that all regulatory and commercial training is completed on time and refreshed as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Successful experience in a financing business of CIB during which the candidate will have monitored all aspects of a transaction from origination to execution.
- Strong track record in structuring asset-backed financings
- Proven track record dealing with major Real Estate players
- Possesses an established network of clients and other contacts across the Real Estate industry
- Possesses the ability to establish links with different parts of the BNP Paribas network in order to leverage origination opportunities
• Excellent technical skills in debt structuring.
• Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial techniques
• Understanding of major legal and tax issues / documentation on various types of transactions
• In depth understanding of risk issues
• Strong analytical mind, numerical and problem solving skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Fluency in one Continental Europe language would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Knowledge of software tools (CRF, Raroc, Credit Point, …)
- High motivation, with a strong interest in real estate arena
- Good team player and ability to work independently
- Time & priority management with the ability to work under pressure
- Diligent and accurate with a strong synthetic capacity
- Good interpersonal skills and commercial sense
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Honest and acts with integrity at all times