DEC Institutional Clearing Sales
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas Overview
- Put in place adequate processes and controls to achieve all objectives below as well as those assigned from time to time by management
- On the coverage region/country which will be allocated, define on the EMEA framework of LD execution and clearing services and OTC clearing,: Target Markets, target clients, desire service offer, pricing, competitive positioning, etc.
- According with EMEA P&L objectives, the sales strategy, actions plans, you will be in charge to sell it to appropriate local BNPP coverage teams and external clients.
- Make sure the general pitch book reflect DEC’ actual offer and BNPP’s standards in EMEA. Also ensure it’s coordinated with the global offering for all DEC products
- Provide EMEA market intelligence on client’s needs, competition moves and regulatory evolution in collaboration with the “Product & Regulation” team
- Maintain a tight control over client’s pipeline, coordinate with all sales / coverage teams and define related sales action plans for region/country.
- On your dedicated geographical coverage: answers RFP, pitch prospects, negotiate and follow-up during the contractual phase
- Manage an efficient transfer of mandated deal to the Onboarding team
- Approach / keep in touch with prospects and maintain the relationship with clients after on-boarding
- Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework.
- Compliance with regulatory reporting requirements and internal CdG guidelines, respective to the UK Compliance Handbook.
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good Conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure
- [For managers only] Take responsibility for your team’s conduct and conduct risks’’
Competencies required for the role:
Drive for results - Delivers high quality work and a proven track record of meeting targets
Risk awareness - Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities, where relevant
Corporate role model, integrity & ethics - Acts with discipline and high ethical standards
Team player & cross cultural awareness Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
Client focus - Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as “customers”
Genuinely interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments. Evidences a good appreciation of economics and market dynamics, with enough understanding to present views on market conditions and trends
Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities and FXLM Principles and Guidelines. Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks of transactions he/ she managers
Effective communicator who can align people to the broader vision for the business whether they are directly managed or simply influenced by the individual in question
Displays dedication & prioritises problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-wins
Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure).
Ability to undertake a number of issues simultaneously is essential as well as the ability to work under considerable pressure
Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever changing environment
Communicates clearly in both native and English languages.
Communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary.
- Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers.
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006.