Oracle Database Administrator - PL/SQL Developer
Standard / Permanent
SUPERVISION Project developer multi-role
The Intermediate Holding Company ("IHC") program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards ("EPS") for Foreign Banking Organizations ("FBOs") finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
As rules stemming from the EPS have been finalized, the IHC program will also recommend and drive implementation of the new "normal" state as required by rules and regulations irrespective of location, business, function or activity of BNP Paribas in the U.S.
- Assist in the implementation of the application Database design of the IHC data provisioning applications.
- Help in the maintenance of the Application Database, and provide suggestion to improve existing processes.
- Monitor application related jobs and data activities within the IHC data provisioning databases.
- Work closely with the Admin DBA’s and insure all environments are in line with the organization standards.
- Work closely with the data moulders and help the integrity of the release to the existing database design.
- Assist in the tuning of database queries/activities implemented by the Development team of different work streams.
- Handles the implementation of all Database schemas and security rules.
- Help in developing and maintaining a global data architecture and platform for IHC program purposes and some specific NAR CIB projects.
- Work on the core platform EDW (based on Oracle OFSAA framework).
- Work on the data mapping between all our sources and the DWH.
- Read Functional Specifications Requirements (FSR) to understand and develop mapping from system to system.
- Help on scheduling and automate jobs using BNP Scheduler (Autosys)
- Help in the transformation of workflow inside the DWH (stored procedures / trigger / T2T / SCD..)
- Understanding all dependencies of existing applications hosted in the DWH
- Responsible for the successful delivery of DB and DWH platform to the entire IHC group and BI development and implementations, data architecture.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITY
Responsible for the maintenance and health of all IHC data provisioning none prod Database environments.
Write all DB procedures, functions and triggers, and insure the deployment to production is performed successfully and the final result is as per expectations.
Handles the creation of all Database schemas and objects (tables, indexes, etc.)
Responsible for the implementation of the DB security roles, users, accesses and assigned privileges.
Perform periodic and continues review to the DB loading process, application related jobs, and data replication activates and implement performance improvements.
Responsible for the monitoring and implementation of the application and database tuning.
Work with DWH Core Platform infrastructure team to implement the procedure and data mapping.
- Write technical specs related to this implementation
- Work closely with ETL development team and other DB architect and developers to set up interfaces and procedures by following the best practices / conventions within the team (including peer code review).
- Help deploy application to UAT and production environments, and handle bug-fixes and implement possible system redesigns during these periods.
- Consult with users, management, and technical personnel to clarify business requirements, identify problems, and suggest changes / best practices.
- Write / analyze functional requirements, then propose reporting solutions to them based on BNPP standard systems.
- Write technical specifications and perform workload and risk analysis related to these solutions.
- Maintain and support existing applications, and participate in user training.Patch management and version control.
SKILL SET – REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Excellent understanding of the Oracle Database, related utilities and tools.
- High level of experience in performing Oracle and operating system performance tuning and monitoring.
- Very good knowledge to all oracles back up, compression, and security management features.
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Experience in performing general trouble shooting and provide consultation to the development teams.
- Very good track record in Oracle database development, i.e good knowledge and practice of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Knowledge of OFSAA data model and Hyperion suit is mandatory.
- Previous experience in implementing OFSAA DM and/or Hyperion application (HFM/DRM/Close suit …) is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Informatica ETL (Power Center) and data quality, MDM module is a plus
- Basic UNIX scripting knowledge.
- Must have strong technical and problem solving skill set (Banking industry experience is a plus)
- Familiar with Waterfall development methodology (development lifecycle including source control) and/or agile.
A very good team player and to be able to work independently.
Good English verbal and writing communication skills: Be able to communicate with team mates, users and managers easily. Good French verbal communication skills are a plus
Excellent technical documentation skills.