Data Warehouse & Transformation Specialist
Standard / Permanent
- Project Managers – Business focused
- Project Managers – IT focused (i.e. IT Development Managers)
- Business Analysts
- IT Business Analysts
- IT Developers
- Production Support
- Service Management
The department is structured into the following main areas:
- Fund Accounting and Middle Office (FAMO) Domain
- Trade Processing (TP) Domain
- Transformational Projects
- Transversal Services
- Service Delivery
The department is based in 5 locations – London, Glasgow, Dundee, Melbourne and Chennai
Purpose of the position:
This role will form a key part of the Data Deliveries support team. The primary responsibilities will be to support the existing back end data feeds and applications some of which are third party provisioned and some in house developments. They are also responsible for spreading their knowledge throughout the Support team and the business. They will be expected to go “On-call” during out of hours and at weekends to provide support as required by the business.
The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting hi-profile systems and possess knowledge of the technology SQL Server/Oracle, MQ.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Support of Data Deliveries environment which involves a number of different data feeds and back end interfaces
- Working with the Project Development Team to raise bugs and enhancements
- Liaise with other team members and business members to ensure that all issues are resolved in an effective manner
- Identify problems, propose solutions and achieve agreement with the relevant users.
- STP product knowledge spread throughout the Support Team
- Adherence to documented procedural standards.
- Escalate issues which cannot be resolved by the Analyst.
- Adherence and contribution to change management.
- Use business and application knowledge to investigate issues raised and assist in the production of Incident reports to external 3rd Party Software suppliers.
- Liaise with Project Development areas to ensure that all support documentation is created and that new functionality is handed over in an efficient way.
Skills and Experience required
Competencies required for the role:
- Able to work both alone and as part of a team
- Experience working in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to identify problems, propose solutions and achieve agreement with the relevant users.
- Ability to provide remote support in an on call capacity
- Self-motivation and effective time-management are a pre-requisite
- Support orientated and client focused
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Technical skills required for the role:
- In-depth knowledge and proficient in writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, creating Indexes, Functions, Database triggers and Sub queries within the following databases:
- Oracle (Version 10g or above)
- Sysbase (v11 or above)
- SQL server (Version 2012 or above)
- Proficient in Performance tuning on the above platforms
- Good experience in writing UNIX shell scripts
- Support experience in a Financial Services environment
- Knowledge of CTM, SWIFT and IBM DSTX
- Exposure to MQ and MSMQ
- Exposure to front and back office aspects of Asset Management
Qualifications required for the role:
- Professional qualification in Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Professional
- Professional qualification or equivalent experience in data warehousing
- ITIL Qualifications in Service Delivery & Support
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.