Risk Analyst – 2nd line of defense
Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
The Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Department was created in 2015 to setup, drive and continuously improve the way data is handled throughout the organization in the U.S. under the leadership of the CIB/IP Chief Data Officer. It looks to satisfy the requirements related to principles for effective enterprise data aggregation and reporting, and is intended to support evolving regulatory requirements.
The EDM Department has been established with the following 3 pillars:
• Data Governance: set the framework for developing and formalizing the “know your data” culture including formal governance forums, data certification and attestation processes. The team also challenges, and tests the control framework of the bank in particular through a risk-based data trace program.
• Data Management: determine the data strategy for the platform with the objective of identifying and adopting golden sources, capturing and maintaining data glossaries and dictionaries, business and functional lineage from source to output as well as managing referential data
• Data Quality: establish a framework to assess and report on the quality of the data used for reporting purposes and an effective remediation team
In addition the department is supported by the Transversal Business Support group that includes a Project Management Office and Tools & Processes teams aiming at defining the technology strategy for EDM and providing business analysis capabilities including process design and optimization.
Data Governance is part of the overall EDM Department and looks to deploy the “know your data” culture through the build-out of a strong data community. This includes defining and implementing the governance framework around data with the associated policies, standards and guidelines, as well as key processes around the data control framework (certification, attestation, data controls and reconciliations, as well as a data trace program).
In this context, a federation of data stewards, embedded within each business line or function, is a cornerstone of this setup and the Enterprise Data Steward a key driver for the framework implementation and constant adjustment to changing expectations and environments within the platform.
The role will report to the Data Trace Manager and embedded within the Data Governance pillar of the EDM department. The role will support operational tasks with regards to the deployment and implementation of the Data Trace Program. The Data Trace program is a review (read audit) of the bank regulatory reporting. The position involves reviewing the implementation of any regulatory reporting requirement across any data domain and platform used for sourcing and processing information in support of the platform in North America.
The mandate may expand at a later stage either regionally (covering Canada regulatory reporting), laterally (covering reporting other than regulatory) or vertically (moving upstream from the IHC reporting infrastructure). The position requires working in a virtual team and international environment as well as technical and operational teams. The position requires working in a virtual team and international environment as well as technical and operational teams.
• Carry out tasks necessary to deliver data trace on agreed upon scope of work (i.e. audit of regulatory reports) by coordinating with the relevant IT and non-IT stakeholders. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating data extractions, coordinating process reviews, coordinating requirements reviews with subject matter experts, providing support to offshore team members, investigating and resolving complex issues
• Cooperate with offshore team members
• Log findings and document assignment report and associated delivery materials
• Monitor resolution of findings for performed reviews
• Raise risks and issues to the Data Trace Manager on execution of the transaction testing processes
• Work with the team to perform risk assessments and define the yearly plan for implementation reviews (documentation driven) and transaction testing (sampling of transactions and mapping through regulatory requirement)
• Support exams by regulators as well as internal audit as required
• Propose enhancements to the transaction testing frameworks to Data trace Manager and carry out the agreed upon initiatives
• Maintain up to date policies for the Data Trace Program as well as procedures, standards, workflows, framework documents and other relevant pieces of documentation describing the operating model of the team
• Maintain knowledge on the assigned regulatory report(s) with regards to changes in requirements, instructions, frequently asked questions, industry approaches and other sources of information on how to practically deliver reports in adherence to regulatory expectations
• Develop and maintain knowledge on the BCBS239 guidance as well as the RaDAR program implementation so as to constantly adjust, as relevant, activities to the approach promoted by the Group
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
• CPA Certification & Big 4 experience preferred
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in audit, financial reporting or equivalent
• knowledge of financial industry and related products as well as understanding of the broad structure of a financial institution
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and the ability to work with a distributed multinational and multicultural teams
• Ability to clearly articulate complex issues/requests across multiple team both written and verbal business discussions
• Good organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines while delivering high quality results
• Ability to work under pressure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.