DATA SCIENTIST (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five house worldwide.
BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
Analytics Consulting, a new team created within BNP Paribas to provide Business Intelligence, is looking for data scientists to help deliver Big Data solutions.
A typical AC project has three phases. The team starts by taking large data sources, typically unstructured, sometimes internal and sometimes from the Internet, and processes them using ETL techniques. Then, it extracts actionable information (predictions, recommendations, etc.) from the cleaned up data with ML and statistical tools. Finally, the team presents the information and resulting insights to the final clients using interactive dashboards.
If you want to work in challenging data engineering problems with a transversal team, are analytically oriented or an ace in data science, then get in touch with us.
The Data Scientist needs to analyse business issues / opportunities and solve them through a deep data analytical approach using state-of-the-art Machine Learning and Statistical approaches. He works in collaboration with the Business Analysts and Data Visualisation Developers to provide data-drive insight to stakeholders within the organization.
A large variety of topics can be addressed: client segmentation, growth potential analysis, adaptive pricing, opportunity detection, etc.
- Analyse internal clients’ needs
o Collaborate with clients to best understand their operational and strategic needs in terms of complex data analysis
o Investigate and solve business issues using technical, data-driven approaches
- Produce and adapt data analysis models
o Set-up ad-hoc metrics and process to address each business issue
- Propose and produce descriptive and predictive analyses addressing key business priorities identified by stakeholders
- Contribute to disseminate a culture of data use and management within CIB
- Maintain a strong market watch on the data analysis models and share best practices with the Analytics Consulting team
- Engineer school/ Master’s degree from university with a specialisation in mathematics, statistics or data science.
- 2-5 year experience
- Experience in working in complex multi-dimensional environment
- Experience using Business Intelligence and statistical analysis software
- Synthetical skills: ability to explain the results of a data model and the different elements impacting it
- High statistical and quantitative analysis skills (e.g. Machine learning models, statistical models, time series analysis, etc.)
- Ability to think abstractly and creatively
- Knowledge of databases and associated tools (Access, SQL)
- Knowledge of ETL methods (data imputation, data cleaning)
- Strong programming skills (R, Matlab, VBA, Python) and algorithmic knowledge.
Following skills are a plus:
- Exposure to Hadoop ecosystems
- Knowledge of advanced reporting tools (Tableau, Qlikview)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility: ability to work in a changing environment
- Project management skills
- Fluent English
- French and Portuguese are a plus