Standard / Permanent
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas is recruiting for its European Finance Operations Center in Lisbon, part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure its publication and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
Within GFS, Credit Risk Reporting covers the production and analysis of credit risk regulatory reporting for the Group, as well as sub-groups such as BNP Paribas Personal Finance, BNP Paribas Fortis and BGL BNP Paribas.
Reports are provided to external bodies, including the ECB (European Central Bank), ACPR (French banking regulator), BIS (Bank of International Settlements), Bank of France as well as internal stakeholders (Top Management, Management Control, Risk Functions, Business Lines).
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
· Calculate the International Commitments and Leverage Ratio reports
· Analyse and distribute the results of the calculated reports, ensuring consistency throughout the reports, between quarters and aligned with all available information
· Strive for Quality improvement through actively revising and improving processes, procedures, and data quality, including actively participating in the Qualification testing
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
· Knowledge regarding Prudential and Regulatory environments
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
· Knowledge about Business Objects / SQL
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent communication and coordination skills (oral & written)
· Solid adaptation skills and positive team spirit
· Ability to work under tight deadlines
· Accuracy and detail oriented competences
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.