Corporate Finance (M&A) Team Leader
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 28,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global start to your career, a career where you, your ideas and your development matter.
The Lisbon CF Execution Taskforce at BNP Paribas has been set up in the context of the growing expansion of the Corporate Finance metier in the main Continental European locations. The team gathers around 15 headcounts, in addition to the Manager.
The role of the team is to offer a nearshore support to the sector and execution teams based in Paris and London, on their day-to-day origination or execution efforts: market or company analysis, financial analysis and valuation works, market intelligence, benchmarking, research, etc. Besides the CF Execution Taskforce Desktop, this Manager is also responsible for the Desktop team and CDP team.
People joining this team are essentially students from the top universities in Portugal and are hired as long term interns. For the best performers among them, the BNP Paribas CF platform offers the opportunity to participate to its pan-European recruitment process (in practice, this process is essentially offered to former BNP Paribas interns and VIEs) and potentially join one of the Bank hub or geography.
BNP Paribas Corporate Finance is looking to hire a professional to take over the management of the LCET. This manager’s responsibilities will encompass:
- Hiring: interactions with universities, presentation and marketing of the team at universities to students, organization of recruitment process (identification of best profiles, coordination with HR, etc.)
- Management of the team: monitoring of the performance of juniors, technical support to answer the specific needs of the juniors, coaching/ preparation of mid-term and final evaluations, discussion and presentation of prospects after the internship, integration of talents identified during the CF analyst recruitment process
- Interaction with teams (Paris / London): receipt and handling of staffing requests, quality control on delivery, collection of feedback on the quality of work done, permanently develop an excellent quality of service
- Operational control / reporting: liaison with HRs, Lisbon COO, monitoring and communication of main KPIs with management in Paris, proactive communication with main CF stakeholders
· Previous work experience (3 to 5 years) in Corporate Finance, acquisition/leveraged finance or in audit/transaction services where he/ she has developed strong analytical and financial modelling skills;
· Previous experience as a team coordinator;
· Perfect fluency in English and Portuguese. French would be a noticeable plus;
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and of financial data bases (DataStream, Thomson Financials, Capital IQ, Bloomberg, etc.);
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, in addition to a genuine interest in management;
· Excellent capacity to work in autonomy;
· Proactivity, problem-solving mindset, client service oriented;
· Available for a training period abroad (1 to 2 months in Paris).