Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Lisbon Corporate Finance Execution team supports Group’s Corporate Finance and M&A teams based in Paris, London, Madrid, Frankfurt and Milan in their origination and execution efforts: market research, strategic and financial analysis, customer presentations support, valuation models, market intelligence, etc.
Role and Responsibilities:
Revision of outputs produced by the team:
- Strategic and financial analysis on sectors or companies
- Research and analysis for potential transaction opportunities
- Assist with the preparation of presentations (i.e. pitches, teasers and other marketing materials related to the transaction)
- Valuation models including trading comps, precedent transactions and DCF models
Assist in the Team Management:
- Monitoring juniors performance
- Providing technical support to answer the specific needs of the juniors
- Coaching/ preparation of mid-term and final appraisals and identification of training needs
- Discussion and presentation of prospects after the internship
Interaction with teams (in Europe):
- Quality control on delivery
- Collection of feedback on the quality of work done
- Permanently develop an excellent quality of service
Operational control / reporting:
- Liaison with HRs, Lisbon COO
- Monitoring and communication of main KPIs with management in Paris
- Proactive communication with main Corporate Finance / M&A stakeholders
Contribute to the assessment of potential new joiners
· Previous work experience (at least 2 years) in Corporate Finance, Acquisition/Leveraged Finance or in Audit/Transaction services
· Perfect fluency in English and Portuguese. French would be a plus
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and of financial data bases (DataStream, Thomson Financials, Capital IQ, Bloomberg, etc.)
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Excellent capacity to work in autonomy
· Proactivity, problem-solving mind set, client service oriented
· Available for a training period abroad (1 to 2 months in Paris)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.