Corporate Banking Data Analyst
Standard / Permanent
The Corporate Banking & Coverage COO team is the interface between Americas coverage units, the corporate platform activities and the central & regional functions. The team supports day-to-day operations and development of the businesses, while ensuring efficient allocation of resources and providing sound services and support to the overall platform and its managers.
The Americas Corporate Banking & Coverage COO team’s mission is to:
Support Americas clients and Corporate Banking activities developments
Report on client and activities performance analytics
Ensure operational and regulatory excellence
Champion platform data industrialization, processes & governance
The CB Data analyst position will report to the Chief Data Officer / IHC Data Stewart within the COO Corporate Platform.
The data analyst is supporting the coordination of all data governance activities for the Corporate Platform (the Data Community) and works with the Corporate Data Stewards to create alignment and horizontal integration of data and information across all appropriate business areas. He/She will be involved in executing the data governance policies, standards, and goals for the organization. In addition, the position will be directly involved with the Coverage data referential, controls and data management.
- Participate in the Data Community’s identification, definition and maintenance of Key Data Elements (KDEs). This includes the business and technical definitions, metadata and golden source information, and ensuring its full inclusion in the Data Governance tools platform and workflow
- Support the Data Community’s data quality assessments, including: data profiling, establishment of data quality rules and thresholds for KDEs; review of data quality reports provided back to the Community;
- Leverage deep understanding of LOB and systems to improve efficiency and lower business risk
- Create sign-off and data certification chain in data community and oversees and monitors its implementation at all stages of the data lifecycle: origination, preparation, consolidation and reporting.
- Attend and document regular core data community team meetings and key community data quality working groups and attends data governance forums to review progress and initiatives with key constituents at the direction of the data steward.
- Educate business and technical communities on purpose and value of Data Governance and importance of Data Quality
- Participate in preparation of artifacts for the Community data governance including meeting minutes, presentations, project outputs, and plans etc
- Contribute to regular reporting on Data Governance metrics and activities for assigned Data Community
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures
Coverage Data Referential, Controls & CRM
- Ensure the data are aligned properly in the underlying systems for the Coverage clients
- Execute the controls on a monthly basis for Coverage clients, raising any issues and finding resolutions / Recommend & develop new controls when gaps identified
- Become the “data referential” expert and understand the impact of updating information in one system to the other systems
- Participate in Data Cleanup projects when needed
- Act as Coverage administrator for the CIB CRM tool and be able to train the Senior Bankers, RMs and Marketing Associates
- Proactive in recommending the enhancements and be able to assist in testing the new functionalities for CRM
- Process updates and maintenance of sectors and segmentation status by client in CRM tool, assist in the annual opportunities archiving exercise
- Presenter of Coverage Business Management toolbox at periodic Corp Credit Mgmt Team new hire training sessions
- Coordinate closely with Unit specialists to ensure data accuracy for each Coverage unit in Client 1st/RMPM
- Keeper of Coverage client lists
- Degree in Business, Finance or other relevant field.
- Has worked with at least one Enterprise Application System , for instance, Trade Order Management, Portfolio Accounting, General Ledger e.t.c
- Experience in business and data analysis, process improvement and project management
- Banking specific knowledge and experience in governance, risk, compliance or operational functions
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including ability to facilitate meetings and present to senior business executives
- Specific knowledge of a relevant business area (e.g. Capital Markets, Finance, Operations, Human Resources, Risk, Regulatory, Audit, Legal, e.t.c.)
- Knowledge of data/content management (Ex: relational, mainframe, web, metadata e.t.c.)
Nice to Have
- Experience in developing standards, processes, and policies
- Exposure to multiple business units in BNP’s environment to understand the linkages and dependencies
- Expertise in the use of data governance, profiling, analysis, and management tools.
- Well networked and respected amongst peers