Control Analyst (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 184,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
The mandate of the Documentation Department is to ensure that every trade done by the FO, as well as every associated event to an existing OTC transaction that requires a confirmation, is properly confirmed with the counterparty in due time.
Our main clients are Corporates (major corporations & medium-sized companies) and financial institutions (general and specialised international banks, pension funds, fund managers, insurance companies and central banks).
We cover multiple asset classes that are: Foreign Exchange, Money Market, Equity Derivatives, Credit and Interest Rate Derivatives and Commodity trading (power, gas, oil, precious metals etc).
The Documentation Department is set to develop in the coming period of time by reaching the size of 9 teams with a total of approximately 80 team members.
The primary mission of the control analyst is to perform a series of post-production controls, or second level of controls that are defined by the management of the Documentation Department. These controls are designed to make sure that the different teams of the Department apply the operational procedures in place but also to mitigate the risk of human errors on identified manual tasks (e.g. manual matching of confirmations, static data set ups in the system etc.)
The Control Analyst can also contribute to process improvements with a special focus on straight through processing (STP) and management of risk and controls. He or she should be proactive in the identification of risk areas and propose the implementation of new controls and procedures where relevant.
- Perform a regular “four eyes” control on a selected range of manually matched transactions by the matching teams
- Perform a regular review of “matching rules instructions” set up in the electronic matching platforms
- Perform regular reviews of static data set ups (“auto-match rules”, “no-confirmation” rules, etc.)
- Perform controls of the legal framework (existence of Master Agreements and / or Master Confirmation Agreements) of the transactions confirmed by the Documentation Department.
- Prepare and send quarterly reporting on controls performed on behalf of BP2S entity.
- Assist the management of the Documentation Department in the identification of new areas where controls should be implemented.
- Implement and perform newly identified controls.
- Assist the management of the Documentation Department in the creation of new procedures or the updating of existing ones and in the control of their application by the different teams.
- Continuous review of processes and controls ensuring high level of risk management.
- Daily report through ORUS of the identified risk areas
- Proactively contribute to improve team effectiveness through Continuous Improvement approach
- Maintain effective working relationships with Front office Trading and Sales, Legal, Compliance, IT and other Operational areas in Paris, Montreal or Singapore and globally through daily interactions
- Master Degree in Finance
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Operations
- Excellent understanding of OTC derivatives including trade life cycle is a plus
- Experience of ISDA definitions and Master Agreements
- Excel Skills (intermediate)
- Excellent numerical skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads and use a proactive approach to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be driven, enthusiastic and dynamic in search of improving processes, controls & procedures
- Good synthesis skills
- Availability for a training period abroad (up to 3 months)