Compliance Specialist - Asset & Financing Services
Standard / Permanent
COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROL
This position is based in Glasgow to ensure a compliance interface with and oversight of the Asset & Fund Services business line based in Glasgow and Dundee. However, the role requires regular travel to London both to ensure coverage of the operational teams of Asset & Fund Services that operate from this base and to enable the position to be integrated with the London based Compliance team.
Main duties will include:
•• Provide SME (Subject Matter Expert) input to Compliance Risk Assessment Framework
• Execution of thematic reviews to ensure that the business is operating within their regulatory risk appetite
• Contributes to the collation of Compliance MI
• Provides timely and accurate advice on regulatory implications on new/existing products, business strategies and activities
• Represent Compliance on business change projects
• Liaise and network with peers in other organisations, attend and actively participate in regulatory focus groups
• Responsibility for managing own workload
• Escalation of issues to The Head of Regulatory Assurance or the Head of Compliance as they arise
• Ensure that all allocated Compliance policies and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure they remain in line with Metier and UK Territory requirements and business needs.
• Attendance at governance meetings including business line Risk Committees and Monthly Business Review Committees
Skills & Experience Required
• Knowledge of and understanding of FCA rules specifically COLL, COBS, AIFMD and awareness of SYSC
• Detailed understanding of fund accounting, fund administration and funds dealing. This includes pricing, NAVs and processing of corporate actions.
• General compliance experience including provision of advice and performing compliance monitoring.
• Knowledge of custodial services and/or asset management
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to proactively partner with the business
• Compliance qualification, eg CISI
• Understanding of middle office outsourcing and support services
• Ability to work with senior management as part of internal Governance processes
• Degree level or equivalent education
• Report writing and analytical skills
• Proven problem solving skills
• Project management experience related to new products and services
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.