Compliance Officer dedicated to the WM AML Transversal Team that is part of WM Singapore Compliance. The Job Holder is a Compliance Officer reporting to the Team Leader in charge of the WM AML Transversal Team. The WM AML Transversal Team is part of the Singapore WM Compliance AML Team. The Team is in charge of transversal matters that relates to the AML SG WM Compliance Team
- Review of account closure
- To review and provide exceptional approval for transfer of account balances to third party based on explanations and supporting document provided by Front Office, and name search result and documentation irregularities status as confirmed by Client Management.
- Handle closure related queries
- Depending on the risk classification of the accounts, to review transactions in the last 12 months for unusual activities or check for outstanding alerts in Compliance Monitoring tool (Norkom) before providing confirmation to Client Management.
- As per assigned, to follow up, manage and work on various dedicated projects that requires participation from the SG WM Compliance AML Team.
- Liaise with and engage other members of the Singapore WM Compliance Team when necessary.
- Compliance Tools:
- In charge of oversight of the tools used by the Singapore WM Compliance AML Team (including but not limited to FileNet, MLRA (Norkom CDD), WM Monitor). The Member will take part in working groups and liaise with Head Office and MOA Singapore when necessary to ensure effectiveness and consider improvements of these tools and to provide advice on compliance processes.
- Training on Financial security:
- Ensure the WM Compliance procedure on Compliance training is regularly updated in coordination with other Compliance Teams (account opening and review, suitability, market abuse)
- Liaise with Singapore Territory Compliance to ensure that Financial security training to WM staff is followed-up and remediation actions taken if necessary (mandatory training attendance)
- Coordinate the drafting of the annual Compliance training plan for WM Compliance
- Coordinate with HR the assignment of WM employees to the respective targets (Target 1,2,3)
- Assist in organizing and providing regular face-to-face training on financial security matters to Target 1 employees (directly exposed to AML/CFT)
- 2nd Level Controls:
- Produce and update on a regular basis the WM Singapore Compliance Financial Security Control Plan in line with the control plan drafted by the WM Head Office and in line with the local regulator expectations.
- Conduct and report to Management outcomes from the 2nd level controls sample checks defined in the WM Singapore Compliance Financial Security Control Plan.
- Investigates irregularities and liaise with relevant stakeholders to address issues.
- Coordination with other control teams where necessary, such as 2OPC, HO
- High Risk Account Monitoring
- Ensure that the ICU Register is properly completed and updated
- Coordinates and provides prompt assistance to Territory Compliance to ensure smooth filing of WM STRs
- Assists Team leader in maintaining the relevant documentation associated with STRs filed for WM accounts.
- Statistical Reporting:
- Coordinate, answer and produce if necessary all reporting related to Financial Security Matters requested by Head Office, Local Management, Territory Compliance or Regulators.
- Risk Assessment:
- Coordinate and prepare answers to all reporting relating to Financial Security Matters requested by Head Office, Local Management or the responsible Regulators.
- Such reporting includes and is not limited to FS Compass, Agora, AML Risk Classification, 3FC, BNPP NY and MAS Questionnaire.
- Policies and procedures:
- Assist in the drafting and maintenance of SG WM Compliance policies and procedures related to Financial Security matters and in line with BNP Paribas Group AML policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide support in terms of training and actions of awareness on changes to policies and procedures.
- Conduct investigation on client accounts or render support to any other matters as assigned by Management of Wealth Management, Regional WM Compliance, Territory Compliance and Head Office Compliance.
- Provide support on projects pursuant to management requests or necessitated by events such as local & global internal audits and periodic inspections by the regulatory authorities.
- In general, the WM AML Transversal Team assists its reporting line in finding solutions to streamline and improve processes within the Singapore WM Compliance AML Team.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Experience in and strong understanding of AML, Sanctions, governance and regulatory control frameworks and best practices.
- Have a good knowledge of Policies, Procedures and Standards relating to Financial Crime Compliance, as well as knowledge of the local regulations and legislation on AML/CTF (e.g MAS626) and sanctions.
- Must have ability to act decisively and independently in situations requiring quick analysis and decision making.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Able to articulate issues clearly and confidently, as well as solutions-oriented.
- Have to be comfortable in engaging senior management.
- Strong analytical and an ability to prioritize, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Good awareness of risks and controls: able to address conflicts and escalate risks/issues where appropriate.
- Strong client focus and able to work in partnership with various stakeholders to navigate complex and challenging cases/issues.
Specific Qualifications Required
- A recognized degree in Banking/Finance/Accountancy or related qualifications.
- At least 8 years of experience in compliance, risk controls within Wealth Management