Compliance Officer (M/F)
Standard / Permanent
COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROL
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 184,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
CIB Compliance is recruiting Compliance officers to staff the new team which will have in charge the treatment of alerts related to CIB EMEA Operations (all business lines).
BNP Paribas has launched an important program to enhance its SWIFT filtering process. This program aims at implementing a more secure process: efficient, documented, controlled and robust to filter the international sanction alerts related to US and non US issues and it is based on the 4 eyes control between the Back office and the Compliance.
The mission of the Compliance Officer is to decide on the alerts which have been documented by the Back Offices according to the sanctions programs and BNP Paribas internal procedures
The major responsibility of this team are as follows:
- Analyse the alert report generated by the filtering tool
- Check that all necessary information and documentation and advice on whether the alert should be blocked or released are provided by the Back Offices
- Decide to release or block the alerts according to the decision delegation grid, the sanctions programs and the internal procedures or look for additional information on the alert
- Ensure a follow-up on the alerts that have been assigned and ensure the treatment with respect of the cut-off time if possible and alert its management if any alert will not be closed in due time
- In case of doubt on the decision, seek guidance to its management or senior Compliance officer
Degree in Finance, Management or similar area
- Minimum 5 years in another position in banking industry either in Operations / Back Office or in Compliance is mandatory
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication)
- Good knowledge of products/services offer by a bank to CIB clients
- Ability to work with remote teams across multiple locations
- Risk oriented profile with strong analytical and investigation skills, strong attention to details
- Rigorous, well-organized with a structured and logical approach
- Client oriented and high level of integrity
- Excellent team spirit