Compliance Officer Level B2 (Sanctions)
Standard / Permanent
- Investigate alerts escalated by the Level B1 in accordance with policies and procedures. Level B2, which is under Compliance’s responsibility, will make a final decision either to release, reject/block or escalate to the third level of the framework based on the investigation and supporting documents prepared by Level B1.
- Keep updated on developments on sanctions, embargoes and related KYC/AML/CFT/Sanctions laws and regulations.
- Implement sanctions monitoring standards in line with Head office and Regional policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for the production of services consisting of Level B2 review of Level B1 analysis and supporting document (including TWIST MAG) to make a decision to release, block/reject or escalate according to the procedure in place; The role is performed :
- By securing the appropriate systems, procedures and resources to perform the service
- By closely monitoring the delivery of service and taking all necessary actions required to meet quality standards.
- By reporting incidents and/or oversight with comprehensive details
- Responsible for managing stakeholder relationships (Level A, Level B1 and APAC Financial Security) :
- By conducting regular operational business reviews and maintaining good communications with APAC Financial Security
- By giving descending feedbacks to Level A on alerts wrongly escalated to Level B
- By ensuring that the Level B1 staff receive regular feedbacks and trainings related to the handling of alerts
- By informing regularly his/her management and contributing to any other reports required by the management
- Responsible for contributing to the filtering activity by personally handling screening on the filtering platform SHINE, especially at times of high volumes in order to ensure timely provision of service, and by providing their expertise and guidance to the team members
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
- Experience in banking industry in the area of Financial Sanctions and AML alert analysis process and related issues.
- A good understanding of corporate banking and trade finance operational processes and flows
- Familiar, proactive and alert with international AML regulations and financial sanctions
- Good communication skills and eager to learn
- Analytical and with an eye for accurate details
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Knowledge of the payment filtering tool FircoSoft will be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Relevant experience in trade finance flows would be preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and consult at all levels
- Ability to organize, to manage stress and promote objectives
- Committed to confidentiality, integrity and objectivity
- Ideally be flexible and with a hands-on work style
Objectives - Key Performance Indicators
Production of Service
- Ensure that the production queues are managed properly, taking into account operational priorities (e.g. cut-off times or exceptionally urgent transactions)
- Identify, document and propose “Good Guys” exceptions on a regular basis
- (1) Identify corrective actions (including training) as/when required to address potential issues and errors, (2) document and implement these actions, (3) monitor their effectiveness and the respect of the updated requirements
- Ensure Level B2 SHINE control process, through analysis and clearance of transaction alerts in accordance with prevailing AML & Sanctions policies and procedures, in the respect of quantitative and qualitative expectations set by the Management
- Ensure escalation of transaction alerts to level C as and where appropriate.
- Be familiar with all procedures and guidelines in place regarding AML & Sanctions policies, and in particular with TWIST process
- Be familiar with all types of business activities covered, including (but not limited to) CIB, Wealth Management and BP2S.
- Attend required training sessions (including training on the filtering tool, FircoSoft)
Reporting and Relationship Management
- Report the required key indicators and control reports which are under the responsibility of the team
- Attend and contribute to Level B production meetings.