Compliance Officer, Global Markets - FXLM, Rates and ALMT
Standard / Permanent
COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROL
The candidate will be mainly responsible for the business compliance for Global Markets, mainly FXLM, Rates and ALMT in APAC.
Provision of compliance advice will be the primary role, and in addition, there are surveillance tasks the incumbent will
The incumbent is recruited as a compliance advisor for the Global Markets mainly in the FXLM, Rates and ALMT business. If circumstances dictate, the candidate is required to advise other GBLs such as Credit, Private Markets, Equities, PS&F.
1. Assist in advising the business on compliance and regulatory issues. These include, for example,:
i. providing compliance comments for new activities (termed NACs/TACs)
ii. providing compliance advice on all front office ad hoc and BAU business requests
iii. Specifically providing support and advise business on regular requests);
2. Assist in the drafting of compliance policies and guidelines;
3. Assist in the review of marketing materials/ term sheets for Global Markets products including structured derivatives marketed and distributed in and outside Singapore;
4. Interface with regulatory compliance and business functions on new and upcoming regulatory changes.
5. Interface with regulatory compliance on the interpretation of regulations.
6. Together with Regulatory Compliance, assist stakeholders to keep abreast of regulatory developments and in the interpretation of regulatory changes and their likely impact on the business and its processes, procedures, controls and products.
(B) Surveillance / Investigation
7. Advise surveillance team on managing alerts arising from e communications and trade surveillance.
8. Conduct investigation requested by regulators or senior management.
(C) Domain work
9. Support s SEA region in PIC domain and Market Integrity work.
(D) Compliance Training
10. Conducts compliance training to business
11. Update and introduction of Compliance policy and procedures to ensure continuing relevance; and providing guidance, interpretation and direction to stakeholders.
12. Assist in the production of periodic MIS and KPIs as directed
Ad hoc requests such as participation in specific projects, as directed from time to time by the Head of GM Compliance APAC and/or Head of Compliance, APAC
Competencies & Specific Qualifications Required
- Candidate with at least 7-10 years of relevant working experiences
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good relationship management skills