To perform compliance reviews, handle compliance advisory and regulatory matters, and support other compliance work.
• Advise Corporate and Transaction Banking business on compliance related matters and ensure their activities are carried out in accordance with the applicable laws, rules and regulations.
• Perform regular and ad hoc compliance testing Assist in identifying and controlling compliance risks and providing advice to business management on compliance issues.
• Keep abreast of new regulations and update business management and staff on the changes.
• Assist in disseminating circulars and notices from the regulators in other forms (e.g. emails) and implementing the regulatory requirements.
• Assist in drafting, updating and implementing compliance policies and procedures in response to changes in Head Office directives or local laws, rules and regulations.
• Conduct compliance training to staff and promote compliance awareness and culture.
• Ensure appropriate and prompt escalation to both business and compliance management on identified issues and report to operational risk incident database where appropriate.
• Investigate in conjunction with business management and various internal functions where necessary and handle actual and potential compliance breaches including complaints.
• Prepare relevant compliance reports for submission to Head Office.
• Liaise with regulators and coordinate / perform regulatory reporting, self-assessments, inspection and investigation, and handle requests from regulatory authorities.
• Coordinate internal and external audits and follow up on implementation of recommendations.
• Assist in other compliance matters as assigned from time to time.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• University graduate with major in Business Administration, Legal, Finance or Accounting.
• At least 5-8 years’ experience in Corporate Banking Compliance and/or Central Compliance. Prior regulatory experience is preferred.
• Conversant with Hong Kong laws, and HKMA and SFC regulations.
• Knowledge of Trade Finance and RMB products would be preferred.
• Work well with people and under pressure.
• A good knowledge of compliance framework and financial products.
• Have strong communication skills.