Standard / Permanent
COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROL
CIB NL 81
BNP Paribas Amsterdam is looking for a Compliance Officer who will support the Compliance department in taking care of all the Compliance matters in the Bank. Strong focus for this role will be to strengthen the Financial Security within the bank, like updating related local policies, to provide AML/CFT training to the relevant staff, review and validate Know Your Client files, to conduct monitoring activities, perform second level of controls, performing compliance risk assessments, advising on new product developments, report transactions to the Financial Intelligence Unit and follow up Know Your Client actions resulting the notifications.
Your tasks will be, amongst others, assisting as a team member in:
- Identifying of developments in the financial markets that may impact BNP Paribas in the Netherlands;
- Ensuring that Compliance policies from Group and/or CIB Compliance with any local specifities on the topics Financial Security and KYC have been implemented, correctly and consistently;
- To act as an advisor to the business on compliance related, mostly AML/CFT risks;
- Review and approve Know Your Client files;
- Handling payment operations to make sure we comply with sanctions and AML regulations;
- Conduct alert investigations (transaction monitoring) using global standard policies, procedures, regulations and tools to detect any suspicions of money laundering or terrorist financing activity;
- Perform AML lookbacks / reviews and escalate when necessary;
- Prepare unusual AML/CFT memo’s and report if need transactions to the Financial Intelligence Unit;
- Perform second level of controls;
- To perform compliance risk assessments and implement controls to strenghten the compliance, particulary on AML/CFT setup.
- Education: Masters degree, preferably in Law;
- Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing both in Dutch and in English;
- Flexibility, accuracy and stress-resistance;
- Independent worker, solution minded working ethics and know how to stand your ground;
- Founded knowledge of compliance regulations such as: Dutch Financial Supervision Act (WFT), Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism Prevention Act (WWFT) or European AML/CFT regulations.
- Experience: minimum of 5 years experience in the field of regulatory compliance preferably within a credit institution, consultancy firm or a regulatory body. Knowledge in payment filtering/ processing is also a must.
A responsible and challenging job within an international banking environment.
Good conditions and above all, a chance to further develop your skills and expertise.