Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Compliance APAC is seeking a business management officer to assist in the support of the various topics within Compliance Business Management. Reporting to the Business Manager APAC, the officer will work on various topics with a substantial focus on the training initiatives on behalf of Compliance APAC.
Training: Ensure that Compliance APAC Training initiatives are implemented and coordinated for Compliance and Business staff across the APAC region. This includes tasks such as implementing annual mandatory e-learning, webinars, coordinating global training with head office, organising and overseeing regional Compliance seminars. Work in close collaboration with Compliance Center of Excellence to ensure effective training support provided across APAC. Contribute to initiatives under APAC HR L&D as well as Group Compliance HR L&D and improving the overall governance for training.
Reporting: Support Group or territory reporting requirements (eg. dashboards, committees, surveys etc.).
Communications: Within BNP Paribas, to inform and enhance BNP Paribas employees' awareness on Compliance domains, processes and procedures, through ensuring the quality and relevance of Compliance intranet. Within Compliance APAC, increase its community awareness and cohesiveness through newsletters and new initiatives. At Group level, contribute to projects and initiatives under Group Compliance Communications.
• Contribute to the Permanent Control framework - help to ensure that Compliance continues to contribute to BNP Paribas’ Permanent Control framework.
• Contribute to other aspects of the Business Management – budget and finance, management support and logistics.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
• Strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach, and preferably with some experience of dealing with the multiple cultures and countries in Asia Pacific
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and orally, and able to communicate effectively with stakeholders and senior management
• Multi-tasker, able to work autonomously and to take initiatives
• Good level of competency in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Experience and Qualifications required
• Bachelors or Graduate Degree required
• 3-4 years of working within a large international financial institution in one of the major Asia Pacific business centres. Any related experience in managing Compliance trainings and/or Compliance experience would be an added advantage.