Standard / Permanent
In a changing world, BNP Paribas acts as a responsible bank and provides solutions to all its clients: individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. BNP Paribas is a leading provider of banking and financial services in Europe. It is present in 75 countries with nearly 188,000 employees. The Group holds key positions in its 2 core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
To serve and process operations for the 13,000 Corporate and Institutional Clients based in 57 countries, BNP Paribas CIB relies on its IT & Operations (ITO) departments. Built in 2012 from Capital Markets and Corporate Banking ITO teams, ITO Client Management regroups more than 1200 employees present in 38 countries.
Client Management is a department focused on the Client and its main mandate is to provide him with high quality and services according to its needs and expectations, while being aligned with CIB Businesses’ strategies. Client Management department covers IT, Operations and Transformation. All these teams share a common motto: create added value for Clients while protecting the Bank.
The Client Service Officer is the front line operational point of contact for a client regarding any of their post-trade / post-sales activities. The team’s main objective is to manage clients’ expectations and so be responsible for providing the client with the appropriate answer within a timely manner, coordinating with other teams in the Bank when necessary. They play an important role in ensuring and improving day-to-day operational efficiency for maintaining and improving effective client queries management and as such directly contributing to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Provide CIB clients with a first line entry point for support in their post-trade Global Markets activities;
- Maintain a dynamic, interactive and pro-active relationship with the clients and with the internal stakeholders, ranging from Front Office to Back Office and Support Functions.
- Report and handle in the appropriate way any incidents, complaints and claims according to procedures and policies in place;
- Manage the set-up of reporting / valuations requests from the client. Ensure the reports are setup correctly in the systems, according to the client preferences cross asset class, and according to the procedures in place. Monitor daily controls and the automatic distribution of the reports and act accordingly if there are any issues.
- Add value in the day to day interaction between the bank and its clients, by engaging and coordinating internally with key stakeholders and relay back to the clients the necessary information, and vice-versa;
- Be an active member of the team and take ownership of the activities by recommending improvements to applications and working practices;
- Get an accurate and updated understanding of the needs of a client and understand their Market and operating environment. Identify opportunities to introduce alternative or additional products to their activities and advice the relevant Front Office staff.
- University degree is mandatory, in Economics, Finance or Management;
- Perfect fluency in English is mandatory, both written and spoken; Other European language is a plus;
- Knowledge of Capital Markets, related products and derivatives and associated processes (for senior profiles);
- Proven experience (at least 3 years) required within Banking, preferably within Client Service role and Investment Banking (for senior profiles);
- Client focus, interpersonal skills and ability to network;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to express thoughts and opinions in a structured way;
- Team player;
- Analytical and problem solving;
- Attention to detail, accurate and organized;
- Flexible and open-minded, result driven, pro-active and ability to take initiative;
- Risk aware