Client Development Officer, Global Markets
Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
Based in Hong Kong & reporting to the Head of Client Development Global Markets APAC, the Client Development Specialist contributes to the Global Markets (GM) client franchise and client centric culture through close co-operation with a number of key stakeholders across GM and FIC (globally and regionally).
Driving and developing the client franchise by;-
- Conducting internal strategic client reviews and driving Client Segmentation (supported by appropriate analytics, internal and external);
- Coordinating the APAC Client Committees, working closely with the committee chairmen & sponsors (Head of Global Markets, Heads of Business Lines, Heads of Sales). Includes preparation of the supporting documents, attending and co-driving the meeting, preparing for internal Client reviews and business reviews;
- Defining Service Level Standards across functions for improved client experience;
- Driving the discipline of account planning, call reports, and implementation of all associated action points;
- Identifying gaps and opportunities in service and product, to support sales and sales management for the appropriate actions for follow up;
- Creating and overseeing account plans, including the systematic follow-up on all action points from the account plans with sales;
- Supporting Sales in measuring and monitoring client profitability and client service intensity (CSI) to optimise resource allocation;
- Undertaking benchmarking surveys analysis for APAC, including strategic analysis per Client segment & on-going promotion of the results;
- Enriching client MIS and CRM (Marketer Workbench) functionality development
- Promoting client centricity and connectivity within the Institutional client franchise and the wider organisation;
- Participate to and assist in preparing Broker Reviews;
- Promoting global communication and co-ordination for holistic approach to clients;
- Sharing client intelligence with coverage groups and promote two-way information sharing.
- Growth and profitability of the Global Markets business, CIB and Group through innovation (brings ideas, new approaches, new processes);
- Franchise development by enhanced cooperation between trading, sales and coverage;
- Direct contribution to the operational and permanent control framework.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A structured, methodical and disciplined approach to task / project delivery.
- Strong practical experience of supporting senior sales and management.
- Industry knowledge of the trends in Global Markets or similar products.
- A detailed understanding of regional variances for clients.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Results oriented with a proven track record of meeting targets.
- Excellent business relationship management and development skills.
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever changing environment.
- Communication - Engaging others - Communicates in a skilled and responsive way. Show a “can” do attitude and work collegiately across products and regions.
- Diligence – Be detail oriented since output and data are paramount for strategic reviews and business decisions.
- Innovation - Drive efficient practices and industrialisation of processes. Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers.
- Drive for results - Delivers high quality work and strives for excellence. Sets new standards in applying efficient client development for clients globally. Support Sales Management in achieving its objectives by applying high and consistent standards output.
- Risk awareness - Demonstrates a solid understanding of global markets product and be aware of regulatory change and possible impact for global market clients.
- Corporate role model, integrity & ethics – demonstrate core values of BNP Paribas and CIB on a daily basis with colleagues and stakeholders alike.
- Team player & cross cultural awareness - Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders. Creates an environment that stimulates open dialogue and values differences of opinion.
- Market, product & business - Demonstrate a strong appreciation of global markets business and client segmentation and shares his/her knowledge with team members.
- Show a strong understanding of buying behaviour of client segments and the methods by which those products are delivered by global markets.