Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
The Client Reporting Accountant works with a small team of other Client Reporting Accountants and Reporting Analysts and is responsible for all aspects of client and property accounting within a designated portfolio. The Client Reporting Accountant is the focal point for co-ordinating our accounting service delivery to both external and internal clients.
In addition, there may be a requirement from time to time to work on project type activities. In respect of such projects, there may be a direct reporting line to a member of the Client Finance Senior Management Team.
- Act as the principal contact point for clients, surveyors, and other relevant parties on all aspects of accounting service delivery for a designated portfolio of properties
- Work closely with other members of Client Finance to ensure key deliverables are met. Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of designated client accounting records, including client statements and/or profit and loss and balance sheet reporting, VAT and other tax reporting, charges to tenants and clients, rent deposits, and bank, cash, and service charge reconciliations, maintaining and collating supporting information as required
- Understand and document specific client reporting requirements and operating procedures, and ensure that services are delivered in accordance with the agreed contract
- Respond promptly to routine queries from clients, tenants and colleagues
- Ensure that data pertaining to the portfolio is complete and accurate
- Ensure that postings are made promptly, efficiently, and accurately, performing checks of work undertaken on the portfolio by other members of the Client Finance team in accordance with agreed procedures and controls
- Attend client meetings as required and work with clients to understand their needs
- Compile, check and deliver regular reports in accordance with agreed timescales, ensuring all necessary reviews have been undertaken and signed-off before issue
- Regularly review funding to ensure clients’ payment obligations can be met and that monies collected are paid over without delay in accordance with banking requirements
- Ensure at all times that client bank accounts are not overdrawn
- Review property expenditure on a regular basis, agreeing the accuracy of coding with surveyors and facilities managers, resolving queries with suppliers and actioning any amendments required
- Monitor rent, service charge, rates, and similar payments made on the clients’ behalf, ensure that these are made in accordance with the terms and, where appropriate, that associated tax receipts are obtained and filed or passed to the client as required
- Ensure all service charge reconciliations are completed within three months of period end in accordance with client requirements and that any balancing charges and/or adjustments are processed promptly
- Completion of quarterly cash reconciliations of sub ledgers and ensuring any reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the credit control team to understand the arrears position and report to clients accordingly
- Supervise the day to day activities of Reporting Analysts assigned to assist on the portfolio
- Complete month/quarter and year end processes and ensure appropriate accounting periods are maintained
- Ensure routine charges are raised on a timely basis in accordance with lease and budgetary requirements
- Agree interest charges on late payments and write-off of uncollectable charges with the surveyor responsible
- Complete all statutory reporting required on behalf of the client
- Assist in internal and external audits of financial information, procedures and controls
- Calculate and compile completion statements on sale of properties or their transfer to other agents
- Assist in identifying and resolving the allocation of unidentified receipts
- Adhere to all agreed procedures and controls
- Report client service delivery issues and routine key performance indicators
- Oversee the set up and continued maintenance of the chart of accounts, sub ledger structure, banking rules and transaction types pertaining to the allocated portfolio
- Specific project deliverables as may arise from time to time, as defined by the Client Finance Senior Management Team
- Arrange for appropriate cover within the dedicated team
- Day-to-day responsibility for and the oversight of an assistant accountant
- Fully support the Financial Controller in day-to-day tasks
- May contribute to, or be expected to lead projects from time to time.
Qualified or part-qualified in a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, AAT) with an appreciation of client reporting requirements, ideally in a property related role, or qualified by experience with at least three years property finance experience in a client facing role
- Demonstrable understanding of basic bookkeeping, internal and external financial reporting, financial operations and associated processes and controls. Knowledge of property accounting, service charges, CIS and/or property VAT an advantage
- Proficient in MS Office
- Property management and accounting packages for managing agents
- Relevant property management accounts experience or other relevant experience
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, responsible and organised.
- Committed to the provision of excellent customer service and to meeting deadlines
- Ability to juggle priorities and recognise when to ask for guidance
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.